Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Consistently Waking Up After 3 Hours on CPAP
Question 
Consistently Waking Up After 3 Hours on CPAP
Hey Everyone,

I've been on CPAP now for about two months, and I am consistently waking up after 3-4 hours of using my CPAP. I wake up feeling really uncomfortable, and almost like it is hard to breathe and I almost always end up taking my mask off and falling back asleep.

I am using a ResMed AirSense 10 Elite with the built in humidifier and heated hose. I haven't changed my pressure settings since starting CPAP, and my machine is set to 4-20cmH2O. I've also changed the auto-ramp time to the max of 45min. I have already messed around with the temperature and humidity level to get it at a comfortable level. Seen a lot of suggestions on forums to enable "Pressure Relief" on this device, but I don't see this options in my settings (is it possible it was disabled by the DME company or my doctor?). 

Also tried a few different masks including a F&P Simplus full face mask, a ResMed AirFit F30i, and a ResMed AirFit P30i. Also tried a cushion from an N30i with the P30i frame (I think they're the same frame, my DME provider sent the cushions to me with the P30i to try). I was able to get good seals with both the F&P mask and the P30i, but the P30i is definitely my favorite so far.

I just discovered OSCAR thanks to the forums, so I've been tracking my data with myAir which I really don't like. myAir is reporting a good mask seal with an AHI of < 5 (usually less than 1). So myAir says that my CPAP is working as expected, and I do see some benefits from using it, but ultimately I just haven't been able to use it for more than a few hours at a time. 

Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Consistently Waking Up After 3 Hours on CPAP
For good advice you need to post your oscar data. Read the organize your oscar data in my signature so you post what people need most to help you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Consistently Waking Up After 3 Hours on CPAP
Make sure that you have full settings available. Go to clinical settings (hidden, but found by 20 sec prese on radio dial and home button and enable "Essentials" Plus and EPR ON.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  waking up several times a night but numbers seem good Jpm6179 1 120 05-27-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Angry [Treatment] Consistently getting <4 hours of sleep after several months snoor 16 640 05-10-2024, 11:07 PM
Last Post: snoor
  Am I waking up? danylam 1 177 05-10-2024, 07:38 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Sad Dreaming and waking up over and over and over Swimforlife 1 209 05-02-2024, 05:57 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Issues with dry mouth waking me up since raising pressure, can't find good solution jlpool 2 268 05-01-2024, 06:24 PM
Last Post: MoreBeers
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 run hours gardencat 0 150 04-28-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: gardencat
  SleepHQ O2 Ring Alarm waking me up MurrayApnea 2 390 04-27-2024, 12:31 AM
Last Post: MurrayApnea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.