Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes
New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes
Greetings!

I (35M) was recently diagnosed with moderate OSA (16 AHI) through an at-home sleep study. I began CPAP therapy 12 days ago and I have already seen a huge improvement in my quality of life!

The Good: My blood pressure readings are back to normal, I don't feel a need to nap during the day, my heart rate is way lower when I work out and I generally feel like a lot of "inflammation" in my body is gone. I "feel" lighter even though I haven't lost any weight.

However...one lingering symptom that I still have is a bit of sleepiness in the mornings and *lots* of yawning all day. My eyes feel tired, and I haven't yet had that "hit your head on the pillow, pass out and wake up to the sun shining in my face" night yet. I feel like I am still tossing and turning and sleeping light.

So after 3 days of doing well with my CPAP and getting good MyAir app summary scores, I found out about Oscar and using an SD card to capture detailed sleep data to help fine tune my therapy and so I began diving in to the details:

While my AHI numbers are low, I notice that my pressure seems to spike up and down several times at night and I was hoping to get your thoughts on whether my sleep data looks normal or if there is anything I could be doing differently?

Thank you!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes
Any thoughts? Would really appreciate your guys' input as I'm pretty new to this and the DME office has not been helpful at all. Also, apologies if I did something wrong/missed something in my original post...happy to correct/post additional info if needed.

Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
Someone knowledgeable will come along….seems like there are a lot of newbies lately. But I’ve bumped your thread for you. Patience!
Post Reply Post Reply
Couple of easy things to do, set minimum pressure to 7, and EPR to 3. 
This should help reduce flow limitation spikes that are pushing up your pressure, and no therapeutic benefit. 

Repost in a few days to see how it goes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 AHI per hour with cpap - normal? mickapoo 6 105 2 hours ago
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Still exhausted after 8mo of CPAP -- is oral appliance better for me? mcrick 2 77 7 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  New to CPAP, Looking for Setting Advice Jang Wonyoung 3 143 Today, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  New diagnosis and new to CPAP obstructiveindividual 16 458 Yesterday, 02:19 PM
Last Post: obstructiveindividual
  Advice wanted for CPAP settings & central apneas EnigmaticToad 18 634 Yesterday, 06:50 AM
Last Post: EnigmaticToad
  help reading Oscar Data and optimizing cpap settings bangbang24 3 131 05-06-2024, 11:48 PM
Last Post: Melman
  Concerning State of F&P CPAP Icon Auto rlerner 0 99 05-06-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: rlerner

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.