Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] New RESMED 10 Won't Stop
Gross 
New RESMED 10 Won't Stop
Ok, so I've used a CPAP for maybe 20 years. This is my 3rd or 4th machine in that time, it is replacing a RESMED 10 that was old and had things that stopped working. 

So far so good, right, seemed like a positive change. But yet... 

I have got it all set up. Put in all the things it asked for to get MyAir set up. I tried to run a mask fit to see if it was going to be happy with my fit. It showed a green half circle on the top and then stopped changing. I tried to turn it off. It wouldn't turn off. I should mention my husband helped. While he was entering info, it kept restarting itself (going black, then showing RESMED and logo). This was frequent whenever he twisted the knob.

I left it blowing for like an hour because it was supposed to cool off and frankly, I forgot about it. It had made it entirely through the ramp cycle. I had to unplug the cord and/or the heated hose to get it to stop blowing like a jet turbine. 

So after lots of fun and games with the new machine, I finally got to go to sleep. All was well. Good night's sleep, just not long enough. When I woke up, again, I could not get the thing to turn off. I didn't know anything about the alleged "Smart Start" yet. I unplugged it/unhosed it. It showed no information on the machine or on myAir. I should mention - it came with no SD card. It seemed to be unhappy about that - we took the card from the last RESMED 10 and used it. I don't know if this would cause any issues. I did have to choose to overwrite old info. 

So I called the DME. The respiration person(?) went through a few things, lost patience with me. I told her it kept resetting and she didn't seem to understand about the black screen/RESMED logo. So she said I had to talk to an equipment person (?). I didn't take notes what their positions were called. I was pretty frustrated at this point myself. So I went off to an appointment, followed immediately by a class until nearly 5pm. After class, checked my phone, of course DME called back and left a msg while I was doing one of those things. So now I am stuck until the morning. We decided to go ahead and leave it pretty much as is and call tomorrow, but I am a bit wary. Also should mention, I haven't used water in the last 15 years or so and would just as soon not have to mess with it. So, no water in the machine if that matters. 

This was very wordy, but hoping someone might have some clue because I'm ready to ship this piece of crap back and ask for a replacement. 

Deb Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New RESMED 10 Won't Stop
Unfortunate I'd say it sounds like a bad unit, just my opinion though.

If that DME gives grief about it maybe just return it and replace the DME along with the CPAP. You can shop for DME. My suggestion then will be call insurance and ask for some nearby DME in-network maybe 3-5 names, noting names, address, phone. Call that list and choose based on your perception of them and the machine they have. Best is still ResMed.

As for the water in the humidifier, if your not planning on adding water just make sure humidity is set to manual and at zero.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also, ask for a ResMed AirSense 10 Auto Cpap. They gave you the Respond. This is a
unit made in India or Japan, and certainly sounds defective.

I believe it's supposed to be the equivalent to the For Her model.

A bit more on the Respond:

https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...#pid488650
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
check to make sure the smart start is off. Turn the machine with the top button and don't use the smart start feature. If it is already off you may have a machine that is defective.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Once the machine was powered on, if it was going to black and then back to the ResMed logo repeatedly, something is causing a reset. I assume all the power connections were checked to make sure they were fully seated, so nothing there. Only things left are the power outlet itself, the power brick, or the device. 

As Stacey said, double-check the smart start.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you stop your Airsense machine when you go to the bathroom during nighttime? dharma2255 10 477 04-12-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  [Equipment] How to stop rain out from external humidifier? SluggerBaloney 7 377 04-02-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: SluggerBaloney
Question Just given a Phillips Dreamstation 2 the same day Phillips agrees to stop selling Montacute 39 1,804 02-09-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 7,230 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Equipment] A new ResMed AirSense 10 fails to do Smart Stop when at higher altitude. mountaincat 6 668 01-28-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: mountaincat
  How do I stop this rainout?!?! Please help tierdal 17 1,450 12-12-2023, 08:59 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  How to stop leakages from the F30i Full Face Mask by ResMed Jose Castro 8 1,677 11-18-2023, 04:37 AM
Last Post: UnknownActor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.