Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dalemazkour - Therapy Help
RE: Inspire failed trying pap again
I used it last night at the settings you recommended Yesterday and last about 2.5 hours again. I will try the updated settings you recommended tonight. I dont understand while  am a sleep I am taking the mask off my face. That’s been my biggest downfall so far with using any mask or device it long enough for it to be useful. Any other recommendations greatly appreciated. Would last nights data be help to post as well?
Post Reply Post Reply
For some reason, I can’t get past two 2 1/2 hours at most without taking it off. I’m doing it in my sleep and I’m not aware of it. Any suggestions on how to stay compliant and what is causing me to wanna take it off I’m guessing it’s not comfortable and my body is telling me this isn’t right. Could it be too much air is being pushed in? Please help
Post Reply Post Reply
Mask removal is a behavior that needs to be modified. It is rewarding to remove the mask, and you need to revise your mental attitude that "therapy is good" and replace the mask once it has happened. If you basically do not want to use CPAP, and "subconsciously" remove the mask, you're fulfilling your desire not to use the therapy. No one here can change your behavior but you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I went to the sleep doctor yesterday $80 copya and he had me sit there and messed with the settings once after guessing if it felt ok. He didnt even look at the data. Can someone please look at the attachment and let me know all the settings I should change.  I cant get past 2-2.5 hours as something is off. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Change your mask. This one does not fit or work. Move your trigger sensitivity to very-high.

We probably need to zoom in to a 2-3 minute segment of your therapy to see what is actually happening. For a zoomed image, the flow rate and mask pressure are the most useful, but include whatever other charts you think explain the story.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE:flowrate zoom
Attached is the flow rate zoomed in as requested. Please let me know and I will switch out my mask tonight I have several. Please let me know what other settings you may suggest to change.

Post Reply Post Reply
settings based on last nights data
I changed my mask out last night and also did high trigger setting. Attached is the updated data zoomed in flow and mask rate. Any suggestions appreciated as I feel like I am actually starting to use it more based on the advice from this board. Just need to get over the 4 hour mark but I am trying.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: settings based on last nights data
First, you need to deal with the leaks. They are going to make decent therapy most difficult, if not impossible. 

You look to have positional apnoea, basically what we call chin-tucking. You are tucking your chin towards your chest, which is occluding the airway and increasing your flow limitations. Consider a flatter pillow, CPAP pillow, and/or soft cervical collar.

How did you end up with those settings? Doctor prescribed or self-titrated?
Post Reply Post Reply
I zoomed in did you see the flow rate by chance? Also looks like I need to tighten my mask I tried a medium mask instead of a large based on your recommendations and turned up the trigger rate to the highest level. I feel like if I can get 4 hours of therapy is my goal at the moment. Getting closer but could use your advice in flow rate.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: settings based on last nights data
It’s the latest settings by the doctor but he was just guessing and it’s $80 every time I go see them. He wants me to come back next week and do the same thing. He isn’t reviewing the data and more on comfort of while awake. Does seem right… I thought with this board there was a way to post the data and get it tuned in better. I tried a new mask last night that was smaller. It apparently that is causing more leaks? I don’t know how to compare each night with leaks. What about my flow are those settings ok?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with optimising therapy voluhar 0 47 Yesterday, 02:59 PM
Last Post: voluhar
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 103 2,580 Yesterday, 02:30 AM
Last Post: Little Olive
Question [CPAP] TPoc's Therapy Thread TPoc 17 459 05-09-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: TPoc
  NewlyDiagnosed therapy thread NewlyDiagnosed 43 1,026 05-09-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  [Treatment] flyinnerd - Therapy Help flyinnerd 10 266 05-08-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Tbrock8905 - Therapy Thread Tbrock8905 20 239 05-08-2024, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Second attemp at therapy Jonkier 19 639 05-07-2024, 11:36 PM
Last Post: Jonkier

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.