Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] White Noise Generator
White Noise Generator
Can anyone recommend a white noise machine to help drown out the sound of a CPAP machine? My wife likes the sound of rain, but I notice most machines produce a variety of sounds, including true white noise. Preferably something available on Amazon.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: White Noise Generator
If she does not mind things in her ears, Bose makes very nice Sleepbuds with a number of sounds. I’ve used mine for about 5 years and still working well. They are very light and comfy in the ears.
Post Reply Post Reply
Before I installed a new motor in my A10 it had that whining nose from the bad bearings.
I took my A10 and stuck it in the draw of my night stand and ran the hose out the back from a hole I drilled . Worked like a charm, even though my machine is now quiet with the new motor , I left it in the draw. So credit is due to Sleeprider for giving me the idea a while ago.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2023, 12:53 PM)PeaceLoveAndPizza Wrote: If she does not mind things in her ears, Bose makes very nice Sleepbuds with a number of sounds. I’ve used mine for about 5 years and still working well. They are very light and comfy in the ears.

No, she won't do that. We need a white noise generator.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2023, 03:07 PM)Nightynite Wrote: I took my A10 and stuck it in the draw of my night stand and ran the hose out the back from a hole I drilled .

That is a good idea, but we really want a white noise generator. We used to use a large air filter machine, but the one we have now goes quiet when it's dark. Tonight we are going to try turning the fan to manual mode on the medium speed.

But we really want to try a white noise generator, one that has different settings like the sound of rain, which I know technically is not white noise, but I believe the machines are marketed using that terminology.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
Consider the LectroFan EVO or Yogasleep Dohm. Both are available from Amazon.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2023, 06:45 PM)Sleepster Wrote: That is a good idea, but we really want a white noise generator. We used to use a large air filter machine, but the one we have now goes quiet when it's dark. Tonight we are going to try turning the fan to manual mode on the medium speed.

But we really want to try a white noise generator, one that has different settings like the sound of rain, which I know technically is not white noise, but I believe the machines are marketed using that terminology.

You can download an app that has what you’re looking for and just also get a little external speaker for you phone. I have an app that has the rain, water fall, waves , fan, all sorts of different sounds.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2023, 06:57 PM)Nightynite Wrote: You can download an app that has what you’re looking for and just also get a little external speaker for you phone. I have an app that has the rain, water fall, waves , fan, all sorts of different sounds.

That's a great idea! I can connect via bluetooth to the sound system in the bedroom!

What's the name of the app?
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2023, 06:54 PM)PeaceLoveAndPizza Wrote: Consider the LectroFan EVO or Yogasleep Dohm. Both are available from Amazon.

Thanks. I'll look into those.

By the way, setting our air filter machine to manual mode on medium speed worked well. Got an unprompted approval from her this morning!
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2023, 12:53 PM)PeaceLoveAndPizza Wrote:  Bose makes very nice Sleepbuds 
They are discontinued again even though they are still stocked they are no longer made.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini noise question sfr79 40 23,415 05-12-2024, 03:25 AM
Last Post: Debsmith
  [Equipment] AirCurve 10 with side cover making noise melbell 2 231 04-28-2024, 02:32 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 324 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  White/Brown Sound? MoneyPit1946 7 368 03-16-2024, 10:49 AM
Last Post: MoneyPit1946
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 373 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,987 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 521 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.