Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First 2 nights
RE: First 2 nights
Well, your median 95% pressure reading is over 10cm and it hasn't brought down the FL, but I'll leave that up to you if you wish to experiment.  

Focus on comfort. Higher pressures don't always give better results.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Whilst we may not expect it to make any real difference, giving 10 a go for a night or two may be worth the experiment. 

Once you have AHI under control as you do, one of the main remaining things to attempt managing are arousals. All we have is pressure to keep the airway open, so sometimes a wee bit more is all it takes. Of course, sometimes it does the exact opposite, but until you try we will never know.

Something like:

Min pressure 10
Max pressure 15
EPR 3 full-time

Note that it may totally ruin a nights sleep, so be prepared. Worst case, you turn it back to where it was before. Best case, we see a smoother flow rate and work from there.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use Pad a Cheeks (or similar from an online artsy crafty website) to make my mask straps more comfortable. I no longer have marks on my face or a dent in the back of my head. They might be worth a try?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Tale of Two Nights Everlong 0 124 04-08-2024, 05:18 AM
Last Post: Everlong
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 433 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 396 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 319 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  First two nights with results meettherobinsons 5 526 01-18-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: meettherobinsons
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 749 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10
  [Treatment] My very first two nights! domod 6 635 11-30-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.