Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

NewlyDiagnosed therapy thread
RE: NewlyDiagnosed therapy thread
Well, this is surprising - and wonderful. I wasn't able to use the Dreamports last night. One of them was not positioned well, so I decided to take it off and start over. Not having had any irritation from them or any trouble taking them off, I just pulled them off and somehow caused a small abrasion, which was bleeding. It didn't stop right away, and I decided that wearing the Dreamports that night was a bad idea. I was quite disappointed, so I tried the nasal pillow mask. Surprisingly, it seemed to work pretty well. Not as comfortable as the Dreamports, and there seemed to be more leaking, but the Oscar results look pretty good to me. Does anyone see any problems?
Post Reply Post Reply
Oscar results with nasal pillow mask

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Night #2 of compliance. Well done in spite of the setback. I have settled on the Resmed P10 for many years, and it's also the mask my wife uses in the For Her version. Leaking is not much of an issue if you get the right size, and a lot less hassle than taping. Your last session is completely acceptable from a leak point of view. Room for improvement, but you powered through it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! This is so much easier than I thought. It was late by the time I tried the nasal pillows, and I didn't even do any fitting. So I should be able to make some improvements.

My mask is the Nuance Pro. I will try the P10.

Just a couple of days ago I was seriously thinking of giving up and just living with the apnea. Now I have two good mask options!
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night was my 4th consecutive night of good results, and it was even better than the others. I fell asleep right away, and had an unbroken 6:20 of very deep sleep. I can't remember when I last slept so soundly. Oscar shows some periods of leaking, but there are almost no other events, so I'm wondering whether I should worry about them. I am taping my mouth but I don't completely cover it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oscar results - should I worry about the leaking and cover my mouth more completely?  Any changes to settings?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think it's your mask, but probably mouth breathing or mouth leaking.

If you're not covering your mouth completely, then it may allow for your mouth to still open to let air out. Do you suffer with dry mouth even with tape on?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] flyinnerd - Therapy Help flyinnerd 11 275 52 minutes ago
Last Post: flyinnerd
  Help with optimising therapy voluhar 0 52 Yesterday, 02:59 PM
Last Post: voluhar
  The DreamStation Foam Removal Thread brianc18t 166 24,921 Yesterday, 10:59 AM
Last Post: Joerichmond
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 103 2,584 Yesterday, 02:30 AM
Last Post: Little Olive
Question [CPAP] TPoc's Therapy Thread TPoc 17 461 05-09-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: TPoc
  [Equipment] Therapy Thread and machine questions - unadvisedfun unadvisedfun 0 58 05-09-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: unadvisedfun
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 44 1,652 05-09-2024, 02:00 PM
Last Post: MaggieL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.