Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR
RE: Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR
I think I did do better with my mask last night.  And the CPAP is set to FF mask!  

Here is last night's Oscar data.  Any help with interpretation would be appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I think I did do better with my mask last night.  And the CPAP is set to FF mask!  

Here is last night's Oscar data.  Any help with interpretation would be appreciated.

P.S.  One other thing--my nose kept getting itchy last night, sometimes on the side by my nasolabial fold, sometimes in the front near my eye.  This is new.  Anyone else experience itchiness with a FF mask?  What did you do?
Post Reply Post Reply
I get a little itch here and there too and I find if it doesn’t go away after a second, I’ll just unclip my mask, quickly scratch it, and then close the mask back up. I don’t take the headgear off or anything, just open up the mask and then close it again. Sometimes a large leak line will show up in my Oscar data and I have to remember, oh yeah I had an itch.
I do the same thing to take a pill at 6am every morning. It’s just easier than stopping and starting the machine.
Keep at it, I can say from my own experience over the last few months, it does get easier, you do get more used to it, and consistency seems to be key. Also when/if you try different settings I suggest giving them at least a week before analyzing. That’s helped me take a step back and not over think my sleep as much. After a week you’ll know if you’re feeling better or worse from any given setting.
Post Reply Post Reply
I get reactions to the plastic softeners in new masks. I wash with soap and vinegar several times.

It looks like you had different settings for the nap, and then you turned it down. Probably the nap was less comfortable but less effective...Maybe somewhere in between? I think the lowest end is just a little too low.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate on Oscar shows no data for my minute and a half at a time Sleepwarrior12345 2 229 04-27-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Sleepwarrior12345
  Inspiration and Expiration Time MrIvanDrago 18 1,291 04-22-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: jake79
  My insp time is always longer than my exp time...is that bad? jake79 2 171 04-22-2024, 12:15 PM
Last Post: jake79
  myAir when sleep time is 4am to 4pm the next day iknownothing 1 161 04-22-2024, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Is there a way to change the Resmed 10 time from Miliary Time? johnathanb76 9 259 04-20-2024, 07:01 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 213 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  [Symptoms] Terrible brain fog and tiredness despite low AHI - Can you see anything in OSCAR? youthfulapnea 7 606 04-11-2024, 02:59 PM
Last Post: gainerfull

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.