Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Home Use During Power Interruption
Home Use During Power Interruption
Please excuse this rather long post but my question needs some background.

I've replaced my "ancient" Respironics CPAP for a much better ResMed Airsense 10 Elite.

The problem now is the Ac/Dc adapter cord from my old machine is defiantly different from my new machine. The "brick like" transformer is bigger and the plug on the power cord is larger on the new machine.

Previously, I've used a " lawn & garden " deep cycle 12V battery with a "battery maintainer" hooked continuously to the battery using a wire harness I purchased on-line somewhere? When/if the power goes out, I simply unplug the AC cord from the machine and plugin the DC cord. Simple and has worked for many years.

What I need now is a "harness" with alligator clips to connect to the battery and to connect directly to the power inlet of my ResMed 10. I've seen many of these harnesses on-line but most have the "cigarette' lighter plug, which I don't need and I'm VERY confused as some state 12/24volt, obviously I don't want to damage my machine with voltage differences.

Does anyone have a link/experience with running my specific machine on battery power at home?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Home Use During Power Interruption
Yes, I have a airsense 10 and I use a 300 wh lipo battery power station along with a 12 v to 24
Adapter cord. It runs directly off the battery and not the inverter.

I bought both on Amazon . With the humidifier on OFF and no heated hose, I can get 35 hrs on a single charge. I also leave water in the tank for a little moisture.

Do a little research on battery technology , Lipo batteries fit the bill.

This is the converter cord I use.

KFD 12V 24V Car Charger Vehicle Power Supply 90W for Resmed S10 Series ResMed Airsense 10 Air Sense

My unit and many others have a cig lighter socket that works with above cord.

You can also buy the above adapter and a cig socket with alligator clips and just use your existing battery.
All on Amazon.

Battery adapter.
Yeworth 11.8 Inch/0.3m 12V Battery Terminal Clip-on Car Cigarette Lighter Socket Female

Your Resmed is 24 volts so you need the adapter to convert your 12 volt battery to 24volts. Mine works great along with many others . It’s the only way to use the 12 volt battery supply.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your information. That part about my unit being 24 volt my my standby battery being 12 volt was my concern. So this adapter that you're are using will work for both 12 & 24 volt?

Please indicated which one you have in this list. 

https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=KFD+12V+24V+Ca...nb_sb_noss
Post Reply Post Reply
The $59.95 one. That will work. Your Resmed is 24 volts. Your Battery is 12 volts. So the adapter permits the battery to power your Resmed.

It’s the same principle as the Resmed transformer brick that came with your unit. It converts 110 volt from your home to run your 24 volt Resmed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great. I ordered that one.   Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
And this to I hope.

Yeworth 11.8 Inch/0.3m 12V Battery Terminal Clip-on Car Cigarette Lighter Socket Female
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm hoping to use my (old) DC power cord? I'll see what I need when the harness comes in.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2023, 06:08 PM)Nightynite Wrote: And this to I hope.

I got in a jam last night. Which power station did you buy?
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought this: 
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07P6H994Q?psc=...ct_details

And this: 
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01MQZ8KFE?psc=...ct_details

Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-13-2023, 01:36 PM)MoneyPit1946 Wrote: I bought this: 
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07P6H994Q?psc=...ct_details

And this: 
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01MQZ8KFE?psc=...ct_details

Smile Both of those should work with your battery. Did you try them yet?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proprietary ResMed A10 Power Connector Electrical Details Snoopy.pa30 25 7,926 05-23-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: 83chowe
  Apnea at home test. no apnea in lab? Burrells5 4 223 05-22-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: cps22
  ADD DR. TO CPAP MACHINE; CAN IT BE DONE AT HOME? RainyDog 3 198 05-17-2024, 01:35 PM
Last Post: RainyDog
  Bi-Pap at home Sleepy1974 2 193 05-15-2024, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 82 7,532 05-13-2024, 05:28 PM
Last Post: ArcherNeedsSleep
  Preparing for a home sleep study WisNaeMe 7 320 05-09-2024, 06:18 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  Remote power button? JohnKoz 13 530 05-06-2024, 04:05 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.