Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I need sleep badly! Any help with OSCAR is appreciated
RE: I need sleep badly! Any help with OSCAR is appreciated
On your previous question, a flow limit is recorded when an inspiration peak on the flow rate is flatter than normal, meaning the inspiration volume was restricted. The higher the flow limit index, the flatter that breath(s) was. In ASV, this happens when pressure support is used to supplement a breath rather than spontaneous effort. Kind of like blowing up a balloon, the resistance increases the harder you blow, but in a spontaneous breath, the chest expands and very little flow limitation is present. It's a natural consequence of using ASV and may just represent a central apnea that didn't happen.

I really want to encourage you to discuss your ASV therapy with your doctor. You should discuss your history with CPAP and bilevel without a backup rate as being an uncomfortable failure. The quality of your sleep and feeling well are important things to note. This will establish in your medical record that you use ASV successfully and it is medically necessary to continue. This may setup using your insurance for subsequent replacements. Please make it something you routinely discuss, provide charts and get it into your medical records.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I need sleep badly! Any help with OSCAR is appreciated
Will do!  She still thinks she is connecting to my 4g 10 machine. Now she definitely can to this one. I will see what she understands and doesn’t. You’re right about the medical records. I found out I have an autonomic condition, CRPS, and it’s moving pretty quickly,  so the more that will support my eventual disability will probably be helpful. 

Thanks for the flow rate info. So when it is high, that means it caught the apnea before it started. Great machine to have. Like I said, feel absolutely terrific!  I read my comments from when I first started and can’t believe I didn’t reach out sooner!  I can’t say it enough, but probably have, Thank You!! ?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI - Still Poor Sleep - Apple Watch vs Oscar? Jakeb24 10 360 05-09-2024, 11:25 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  New BiPAP User - Self Treating - Advice Greatly Appreciated MX117 5 173 04-30-2024, 09:35 PM
Last Post: MX117
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 5 277 04-30-2024, 02:00 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Starting my journey to better sleep - guidance appreciated StuffyNoseDude 3 286 04-29-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: SleepyDawg
  [Pressure] Any inputs are appreciated Rhuban 2 172 04-29-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Rhuban
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 7 383 04-25-2024, 07:28 PM
Last Post: laokg
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 7 381 04-18-2024, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Akaharu

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.