Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

I need sleep badly! Any help with OSCAR is appreciated
RE: I need sleep badly! Any help with OSCAR is appreciated
        Last night was the worst ever.  I turned the ramp off to see if I could sleep without it and start at 8.  Got the immediate headache again.  Turned ramp back on.  I also switched out my mask and headgear 4 times.  It seems like all of them were leaking around the nose.  Then I get anxious because they were leaking, then I got the leak to stop, but then couldn't sleep because I was worried it would leak again.  Vicious cycle.  I think the masks the just go under the nose are out for me.  I am going to try a full face mask again or a nose mask.  I don't know because insurance won't cover it because they already sent me stuff I can't use now.

Any opinions on full face masks?  I hate the hose on the front, but I'm out of choices and time.  Thanks for listening.
Post Reply Post Reply
No changes on my part. ASV is where you need to be, now it's a matter of getting it approved. We have already tried every trick in the bag for CPAP. Talk to your doctor about your central apnea rate, and ask what his path to asv is.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is the portal email I got from my dr.  Just remember when you are reading this, my machine is 6-7 years old and only talks to the SD Card that is in it.  I told her that I was looking at my data and noticed quite a bit of CA's.

I am attaching the pics as they are HUGE screenshots.  The one with the blue line at the bottom is the beginning of the message.  Pretty much sounds like a copy and paste, pre-written for everyone response.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
ASV is fully automatic and treats both central and obstructive apnea. A titration test is not really required because Medicare and most insurance requires that you "fail" at cpap and bilevel, and can then try ASV. https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...P_Machines
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
        Thank you for the like and information.

This is last nights.  It just gets worse.  I changed to the F30i with a new cushion.  I thought the seal was good and for some reason, I still taped my mouth.  I remember waking up and gasping for air, must have been when most of the CA's were happening.

This will be my last post of the Oscar data.  Nothing is continually working and I need an ASV.  Not only because you have given me so much education and insight, but because it is taking up room on your forum.  I will keep updating here once things get better.  I can't thank you enough!!!  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
We can afford to give you whatever space and time on the forum you require to help with your issues; however you're correct this only resolves with ASV therapy. What is your plan moving forward t make that happen? How can we help? If you plan to obtain a device out of pocket, there are a bunch on DotMed, but if you do, I recommend you do not use an unrated or offshore seller. We can also talk about how to approach your doctor or medical team for a prescription. Your need is self-evident and all you need is a prescription from your treating physician. Insurance will require that you demonstrate benefit with a follow-up visit to your doctor.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much. I sent my data to my dr. She hasn’t responded yet, not sure if she will. I just hope she sees that I need anything more than I have. I will look into that website. Thank you. It will be cheaper to buy one than going through the ins hoops. Once it’s programmed I will just get supplies through ins. I switched back to my Dreamwear under nose mask, from my F30i,  last night and my AHI on my machine was 8. So this is how I will go for now. I will see what happens with the in lab study and let you know.
Post Reply Post Reply
Even if you get an older machine with quite a few hours, a complete refurbishing with new motor and seals would cost $220 to $240 from Supplier #28. That results in a like-new ASV with zero hours. These machines typically get 22,000 to 25,000 hours before needing service, but it's good to know they can be renewed. Other members have used DotMed to source ASV and had a good experience. There are other resale markets like Facebook Marketplace, OfferUp and Craigslist, but you have to negotiate and use safe payment methods, no cash or money orders.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Wow!  Thanks for the research!  Would like to get one now, but will have to wait and see what they say. Do I need an rx for that site?
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m in a similar situation for needing an ASV and just purchased one this week from Supplier #2 on the supplier list. They’re not the cheapest for sure but they seem to have machines with low hours regularly and they have a 6-month warranty. Really pleasant to deal with, and no prescription required for international purchasers. I’m just waiting on delivery now.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI - Still Poor Sleep - Apple Watch vs Oscar? Jakeb24 10 359 05-09-2024, 11:25 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  New BiPAP User - Self Treating - Advice Greatly Appreciated MX117 5 171 04-30-2024, 09:35 PM
Last Post: MX117
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 5 276 04-30-2024, 02:00 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Starting my journey to better sleep - guidance appreciated StuffyNoseDude 3 285 04-29-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: SleepyDawg
  [Pressure] Any inputs are appreciated Rhuban 2 172 04-29-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Rhuban
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 7 383 04-25-2024, 07:28 PM
Last Post: laokg
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 7 381 04-18-2024, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Akaharu

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.