Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My CMS50I Broke
Question 
My CMS50I Broke
The wrist strap on my Contecmed CMS50I broke and I need a new wrist oximeter. The strap on this thing can not be replaced!

The problem is that the CMS50i is too hard to find in the USA. I did find a used one on Ebay, so I bought it.

I require oxygen with my CPAP and it's a hassle to download the results every day, so I don't want a 50F or something.

I've still been using SleepyHead 09.8.1 and it's been real good for me.

My question is ...

What other wrist oximeter has multiple sessions?

And would it be compatible with the newest OSCAR version?

Thanks!

Brew
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My CMS50I Broke
Wellue(Viatom) makes 3 recording oximeters that are compatible with OSCAR.  They are the SleepU, Checkme, and the O2Ring. Each one will record up to 4 sessions.  See #Supplier #40 for these devices.

Your SleepyHead is 6 years out-of-date.  You really need to update it to OSCAR.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried using the last version of Sleepyhead, before Mark stopped updating it.

The newer versions were messing up the readout too much.

I'll look into the list you provided.

Are they all wrist oximeters?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
No, only the SleepU and the Checkme are wrist-wearable.  The O2Ring is a complete finger contained unit.  These devices will not work with SleepyHead. Only OSCAR and their own software.  The Viatom/Wellue loader code was developed about 4 years ago (if I remember correctly).  They provide software applications for Windows, iMac, Android, and iPhone platforms.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Sir Nape

I think I'll go to the Checkme one and switch to OSCAR.

Ya know...I tried to use OSCAR 1.4.0 a year ago or so and the readout was all messed up with that too.

Hopefully there's a newer version
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR is currently at version 1.5.1.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
One more question...

Does the new version of OSCAR have an import function for SH v.0.9.8.1?
Post Reply Post Reply
It should. During the OSCAR installation, it should prompt if you wish to import SleepyHead data.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again Nape!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirSense 10. Power cable broke on air tube connecting ring. Ruhtra 1 471 11-18-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  CMS50I-CMS50F oximeters: technical and uploading differences and limits 2SleepBetta 16 3,605 11-19-2021, 02:30 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  mask broke jammer521 3 1,536 12-24-2020, 02:12 AM
Last Post: jammer521
  I did something really stupid and I think I broke my machine cbcbcbcb 22 3,759 03-19-2020, 12:24 PM
Last Post: AlanE
  Broke my Resmed 10 autoset isuckatsleeping 4 1,968 03-13-2020, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore
  Does the Contec cms50i work on El Capitan for Mac? Michaely6 10 1,977 03-30-2019, 10:44 AM
Last Post: Michaely6
  [Equipment] SPO2 earclip for CMS50I Aonar Maoir 2 1,185 05-07-2018, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Aonar Maoir

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.