Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] ResMed F40 Full Face Mask (* new *)
RE: ResMed F40 Full Face Mask (* new *)
I have to say I love the F40.

Having a large headgear option is a huge step up first off. Thankfully Resmed added that sizing instead of just the regular and small headgears like previous editions of their masks.

I definitely think the under the nose fit is a lot better than some of the other similar styled masks I've tried previously like the Dreamwear or the Amara View. The nose-mask interface has always been the weakest point as I find the mask slides and loses contact during sleep with my nostrils and I usually wake up having to readjust. No such problems with the F40 thus far.

The full silicon cushion is also a revelation as now my face isn't pushing against hard plastic when I turn on my side to sleep. I haven't noticed the leak observations that have been mentioned thus far, it stays very snugly sealed no matter how I sleep (side/back).

My AHI has stayed mostly the same vs those other masks but the comfort level is the big thing for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the AirFit F40 with the small headgear and medium cushion, it’s a huge improvement in comfort and ease of fit compared to my previous AirFit F30 mask. Leaks have gone to effectively zero at least based on the myAir results, and I’m sleeping more soundly. I’ll be pulling OSCAR results shortly since I’ve been using the mask for a full month now.
Geoffrey Rush as Philip Henslowe, (Shakespeare in Love) "I don't know. It's a mystery."
Post Reply Post Reply
Apparently the user guide for the AirFit F40 is supposed to contain this, at least according to the ResMed support videos, but it’s not there, at least not yet. I ordered the standard headgear for the F40, it’s roughly the same size as the one size headgear for the F30, if that helps. I was able to get the standard size to work, but quickly realised that I should have ordered the small headgear, which I ordered right away and found that the small was a better choice.
Geoffrey Rush as Philip Henslowe, (Shakespeare in Love) "I don't know. It's a mystery."
Post Reply Post Reply
I need to follow up on an earlier post. I was too quick being critical of the new F40 mask.  After two nights of the P10 with a very itchy chinstrap, I gave the F40 another trial.  Others had posted suggestions for how to get a proper fit so I tried again.  It’s been great.  It’s the best mask I’ve ever used and will be my go to for the foreseeable future.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-23-2024, 01:12 PM)BuzzaJim Wrote: Others had posted suggestions for how to get a proper fit so I tried again.  It’s been great.

Just wondering what specific changes you made, to make it work out.

How did you get this issue resolved?

Quote:When on my back, my jaw drops out of mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Switching to the large cushion made much more room for my mouth and nostrils.  According to the fitting guide, a medium cushion was recommended with standard headgear. The bottom of the cushion sealed just below my lip and the seal would end up above my lip when my jaw relaxed.  The opening on the large cushion is more comfortable for my mouth and my mouth stays in place.

I don’t have any nasal congestion problems so am not prone to mouth breathing.  My jaw stays pretty much shut when I sleep on my side which is most always but I don’t dare sleep on my back because my mouth drops open. Someone else on this forum posted they had better luck when they switched to the larger cushion so I tried it with great success.

The only other thing is to get the headgear adjustment dialed in.
Post Reply Post Reply
I need the clarify my answer.  I’ve found I can’t sleep on my back with any mask. It’s not because of opening the mouth but more because of annoying obstructions that occur as I fall asleep. None of that happens when I sleep on my side. The F40 is the best mask I’ve had for side-sleeping.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 7 6,710 05-04-2024, 02:49 PM
Last Post: BAZZA
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 45 25,937 03-21-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Product Review] New F&P Evora Full Face Mask yankees123 18 7,692 03-13-2024, 07:52 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Product Review] ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) AndyB 17 10,779 02-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: getzall
  [Product Review] Resmed AirTouch F20 Full-Face Mask trish6hundred 48 26,872 08-19-2022, 06:57 AM
Last Post: sm315
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask Coffee Man 39 23,956 05-08-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: drmaestro
  [Product Review] F&P Vitera Full Face SarcasticDave94 7 6,615 12-17-2021, 05:26 AM
Last Post: Mutineer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.