Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Sackman101 - Therapy Request
RE: Settings Adjustment
Hey Opal
Noted - lets give it another night or two and i'll repost Smile
Cheers
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Guys,
Given it a few nights.
Please see attached.
I note that AHI is down a bit.
Flow limit still seems a bit erratic? 
Good to see if you would recommend anything futher.
Thanks
Sean

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I would raise the min by one more. Min 8
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
AHI is down and the 95% flow limitation reading is down.

This is the first time I noticed you're using the Soft response. Try changing that to Standard response. This may help with some of the Apnea getting through.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks both
Just to confirm I must do both
Soft to standard and minimum up by 1?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes those look like good suggestions.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey All,
Please see results with increased pressure 9 and standard.
Any further tweaks ?
Something I notice in the graph is when the OA happen it seems to be on the pressure dips and hence logic would suggest a further min increase?
Regards
Sean

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The main difference is that at 8 you had almost a high pressure of 19 but with 9 your high pressure was about 13. So that should be more restful. If you want to try a min of 10 and see how that effects your max pressure, that is fine. The main thing we are looking for is how you feel. Like I said the min 9 LOOKS like it is more restful but only you can tell if you feel better with the increase.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Morning - definitely feel better.
Questions - it seems the 19 pressure high was with the min 9 and the 13 pressure was the 8 ? not sure if you mixed that up or I am misunderstanding Smile
Any reason the 95% and 99% pressure highs went up (12/13 - 16/17) when the minimum was increased (8-9)?
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Your max pressure was set to 20 so the lower the high pressure you actually use is for the most part dictated by flow limits. 

FL are apnea just like O and H event they are just not as long in duration. To be classified as an O or H event they must be 10 seconds or longer. If you move your mouse over the event in the event chart there will be a number inside (). That is how many seconds there was blockage. 

Again when the Cpap finds a flow limit the machine raises pressure to stop it from becoming an O or H event.  No real problem unless you have a number of FL one after another. When that happens the machine continues to increase pressure until it hits the max pressure you have set.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dalemazkour - Therapy Help Dalemazkour 46 1,252 9 hours ago
Last Post: Dalemazkour
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 105 2,689 10 hours ago
Last Post: stevew168
  NewlyDiagnosed therapy thread NewlyDiagnosed 48 1,146 11 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Rogueshot's Therapy Thread Rogueshot 17 1,285 Yesterday, 10:48 AM
Last Post: Rogueshot
  [Treatment] flyinnerd - Therapy Help flyinnerd 12 321 Yesterday, 10:31 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help with optimising therapy voluhar 0 63 05-10-2024, 02:59 PM
Last Post: voluhar
Question [CPAP] TPoc's Therapy Thread TPoc 17 482 05-09-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: TPoc

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.