Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

The AirSense 11 has a microphone that listens to your mask
RE: The AirSense 11 has a microphone that listens to your mask
RE: AS11 AutoSet auto-update
Device update 5
Release date:
The week of April 15, 2024

Release #:
SW04600.11.8.0.0

What’s new?

Humidifier Firmware Update
Provides software improvements intended to help reduce the occurrence of humidification error messages.

AcousticSignal

ResMed Air11™ now supports an optional toggle, AcousticSignal, which uses the acoustic sensor on the device to capture the sound characteristics from the mask. The sound characteristics from the mask are processed on the device into a digital signature which is then sent to the cloud. The device transmits no sound or speech.

The collection of sound characteristics will aid ResMed in developing new features.

If users would like to opt out, they can do so at any time by navigating to the ‘More’ menu from their device's Home Screen and setting the AcousticSignal toggle off.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do updates happen automatically? I don't see any opt out option on my 11. Does this mean I don't have the update? Who is jason? I am a newbie. I confess, I don't understand any of this stuff. Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes it is an OTA update "Over the Air" so it will happen automagically via the 4G/5G network as long as you have reception bars. If the option isn't there you simply haven't got the new version yet. You can check which version you have installed by going to the "About" section all the way at the bottom of the "more" menu. If you don't see it you might need to toggle advanced patient view in the clinician menu.

I'm not familiar with ResMed update rollout policies but it's possible the update takes weeks to get to you or it could get there tomorrow. They are probably doing staggered releases meaning adding groups of machines slowly to the new updates to detect any defects or other issues early before sending the update to all machines. I haven't received the update yet either.
Post Reply Post Reply
I see. Thank you. I guess I must have reception because my DME can see my data.

Do you know who jason is? I see him mentioned, a youtuber, I guess, but I don't know how to find him.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can see reception bars on the top right of the screen of your device just like your phone.

hopefully i don't get in trouble for linking him but here's his video about the mic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiNLo1Pmj1g
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, it's LankyLefty! I never knew his name!
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got my update this morning, so they're still rolling out. I checked the machine yesterday afternoon and still had the old version SW 04600.10.7.0.0. Today when I woke up the blue LED light was flashing rapidly on the machine as it does when it writes to the SD card, and when I looked at the display, there was a message that the machine had been updated. I looked at the "more" settings, and there was the option to turn off the AcousticSignal setting. The new software version is SW 04600.11.8.0.0. The update details for this and past versions can be found here
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2024, 10:04 AM)cps22 Wrote:  The update details for this and past versions can be found here

i still have 4600.08.6.1 so the very first update and no it's not in airplane mode so something else is going on.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some additional facts and speculations to ponder:

The Airsense 11 was released in the US on August 16, 2021

I think we can all agree the MIC was there at that time

We do not know, and probably never will if the MIC was turned on the moment you turned the machine on

I think so, but I do not know if the latest software update was meant as a CYA move

Four years ago most CPAP users would have never thought of disassembling their machine, but now after The Philips Recall,  Resmed must have been concerned that their MIC might have been found, so they announced it as part of a regular update.

Finally, will we ever know for sure if we can turn the thing off
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2024, 12:53 PM)btreger Wrote: Some additional facts and speculations to ponder:

The Airsense 11 was released in the US on August 16, 2021

I think we can all agree the MIC was there at that time

We do not know, and probably never will if the MIC was turned on the moment you turned the machine on

I think so, but I do not know if the latest software update was meant as a CYA move

Four years ago most CPAP users would have never thought of disassembling their machine, but now after The Philips Recall,  Resmed must have been concerned that their MIC might have been found, so they announced it as part of a regular update.

Finally, will we ever know for sure if we can turn the thing off

that's a big stretch but certainly not impossible, they definitely wouldn't be the first.. but it would quite hard indeed to figure out exactly if the thing is off considering the data is encrypted using AES-256.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to run AirSense 10 without tubing or mask? racketteer 6 305 05-07-2024, 07:39 PM
Last Post: racketteer
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 2 564 05-04-2024, 11:35 PM
Last Post: Melman
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 384 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  N30i [what mask setting] Airsense 10 AutoSet Topdogg7505 8 3,420 04-20-2024, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ahfairley
  Cleaning the Airsense machine itself (not the mask, tube, chamber)? dharma2255 3 286 04-10-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 584 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,648 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.