Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Too much STATIC showing in OSCAR Flow Rate
Too much STATIC showing in OSCAR Flow Rate
Hello
Will someone suggest which perimeter to change to adjust out the static in my flow rate?
(I use a V-com in the circuit)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Too much STATIC showing in OSCAR Flow Rate
Here is another night of 'static'.
It seems like every dial has been turned this way and that, but still the noise persist.
Thanks in advance for any comment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I don'/t know what the static is or how to fix it.  But you have high flow limits.  We treat the flow limits are treated using EPR.

I would set you machine to  EPR FULL TIME
EPR 3.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like EPR 3 full time is already on, so you may need to go to AutoSet mode and put in a range, for purposes of addressing your question. You're at static pressure 12.4 now so switch to the mentioned AutoSet mode and try a max of 15 or so.

With the large amount of flow limits, after EPR, it demands higher pressure.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your advice.
I'm concerned about flow limit as well.
Unfortunately, EPR is already set to 3.
Do you have a 'then try this...' procedure?

Post Reply Post Reply
Your machine is listed as an 11, is that the AutoSet? If yes, you'll need to change the CPAP to AutoSet mode and add a pressure range from your static 12.4 to 12 - 15. See if that helps.

This is the then try this unless you are motivated enough to get a VAuto.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Taking offered advice (kind of) attached are the results.
Chose the BiPAP to get more range.
Unfortunately, as you know, it doesn't give detailed Flow Limit data.
So I cloned zooms.
Started the night with EPAPmin 9  IPAPmax 16
Switched to 12 and 18 at bathroom break.

I'm wondering how this looks to you?
What do you think?

Thanks for taking the time to help.

Joe

Post Reply Post Reply
It's going be difficult for me to compare the ResMed 11 CPAP to a Philips Respironics SV Auto, they're very different. The SV Auto may be a bilevel, but it's a specialized device as had been mentioned before.

Which do you feel is the better therapy? I do think switching between vastly different machine types is going to hinder somewhat. You're going to be hard pressed to know what works and what doesn't. You'll likely need to choose one and stick with it. Just my opinion.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Dave.  In order to see what settings work it would be best to use the ResMed machine and make the changes on it that Dave suggested.  The Philips ASV is simply a different animal altogether and is primarily used for high CAs, which are not your problem.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay.
Point conceded.

Back to the Resmed 11 tonight.
Will use suggested settings.

Thank y'all for your assistance.
Joe
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Clear Airway and Flow limitations UARS SleepyGin 10 220 6 hours ago
Last Post: SleepyGin
  wild pulse rate swings (o2 ring) eok361 2 92 Yesterday, 11:10 AM
Last Post: icipher
  AHI 0.00 but flow limits increased jake79 15 349 05-08-2024, 08:40 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Gross [CPAP] Double top flow rate ohno 5 184 05-07-2024, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New ASV user - backup rate issue? jmankoff 8 204 05-06-2024, 12:43 PM
Last Post: TBrobbs
  unstable breathing with BiPAP (possible flow limitations?) shedu1337 3 181 05-03-2024, 01:21 AM
Last Post: shedu1337
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 18 1,045 05-02-2024, 12:17 PM
Last Post: Barefooter64

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.