Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

What should my pressure range be?
What should my pressure range be?
I have a ResMed AirSense AutoSet 10, and have been fiddling with the pressure range a bit because I was getting woken up at night because the pressure was too high, but now I don’t know what the range should be set at.

The median (I think that’s what it is, it only says “pressure” next to the number in the sleep report) is consistently 12.8-13.0. Currently my range is set to 7.0-14.0, but should the max be a bit higher? When it was waking me up was when I had the range set to wide open 4.0-20.0.

Let me know what you think!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What should my pressure range be?
If you haven't already done so, you need to download OSCAR and post some charts so that we can give good advice.
Paula

"If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started I was desperately wishing to be where I am now."
Post Reply Post Reply
I don’t know how to do that, just looking for range suggestions. How much above my median range should my max pressure be set at? Do you think 6-15 range would be sufficient? I am asking this because I consistently wake up and my mask is off and I think it is because I take it off when the pressure increase during an episode.
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR can be downloaded from the link here, or the link at the top of every page on the forum. You will need an SD card (no larger than 32GB) and a card reader for your computer. The SD card must be in the CPAP when you use it in order to record the high resolution data. Links to OSCAR can be found on the download page, too. Additionally, please see the links in my signature for more help.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello tomkelly,

Here at Apnea Board, we try to look at your data before giving advice.  In your case, we don't know why you're waking up.  It could be you are intolerant of high pressure, but it could be higher than normal flow limitation disturbing your sleep.  We would be only guessing without knowing what's going on with your therapy.

As suggested, download the OSCAR software.  Be sure you have an SD card in your pap machine while sleeping.

Follow the links in my signature line for Organizing a chart and then use the Attachment Feature to post it here.  

With that said, we sometimes give just a general pressure range to start: (7 min - 15 max) with the use of EPR 3 (full time).  That doesn't mean it's right for you.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Tidal Volume Acceptable Range trance 12 3,875 03-02-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 19,631 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  [Diagnosis] AHI scores - what sort of range do people have? p123 4 582 10-14-2023, 09:49 AM
Last Post: jstro84
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 1,101 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 717 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  [CPAP] Understanding OSCAR data to establish pressure range? RoyMunson 7 2,406 04-25-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,679 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.