Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

02 ring during day?
02 ring during day?
Not really an apnea question but I'm wondering if I might have COPD in addition to sleep apnea.

Is it possible to wear 02 ring during day to get any meaningful data.  I have an 02 and HR watch and my levels are on the low side. It only takes periodic measurements for 02.

Anyone use their 02 rings during day?

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 02 ring during day?
The primary issue will result from moving your hands around too much, which will mess with signal acquisition and generate false reporting. It could help to tape / secure the device if you plan to move your hand around much.
Post Reply Post Reply
My thinking would be request a 6 minute walk test with a pulse oximeter at a doctor's office. If the oxygen level goes below 89% you may need supplemental oxygen.

If you want testing for COPD, you'll want to request a Pulmonary Function Test (PFT). A pulse oximeter isn't going to diagnose COPD.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-03-2024, 02:01 PM)RainyDog Wrote: Not really an apnea question but I'm wondering if I might have COPD in addition to sleep apnea.

Is it possible to wear 02 ring during day to get any meaningful data.  I have an 02 and HR watch and my levels are on the low side. It only takes periodic measurements for 02.

Anyone use their 02 rings during day?

Thank you

I wouldn't trust a watch for accurate o2 measurements as you have to have your wrist straight and steady while it's taking your measurement in order for it to be accurate, or as accurate as those things can be.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does anyone use a 02 Ring? Insomniax 5 468 07-02-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: David424
  wild pulse rate swings (o2 ring) eok361 2 346 05-10-2024, 11:10 AM
Last Post: icipher
  added a wellue o2 ring. importing data was easy eok361 0 296 05-01-2024, 08:09 PM
Last Post: eok361
  SleepHQ O2 Ring Alarm waking me up MurrayApnea 2 558 04-27-2024, 12:31 AM
Last Post: MurrayApnea
Question [Equipment] How does the CSV extract from Wellue SpO2 ring look like? Ayush Shrivastava 2 357 04-05-2024, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Ayush Shrivastava
  Go2sleep Wearable Sleep Tracking Ring ivan007 0 325 03-26-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  [Equipment] O2 ring/weird heart rate/no other symptoms jdavis 6 504 03-09-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.