Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

1 week in, is my AHI of 5.3 good
1 week in, is my AHI of 5.3 good
Hey I just started 5 nights ago. In my sleep study my AHI was 109.5. My 5 nights of CPAP have resulted in between 5.1 and 6.1 AHI each night. My pressure setting is 4 to 20 with no ramp time. .i'm wearing a full face n20 mask and I'm a mouth breather trying to teach myself to breath with my nose.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 1 week in, is my AHI of 5.3 good
Jarrod,

Welcome to Apnea Board!

I think the medical profession would be happy with an AHI reading under 5, but I'm sure we can help you do better.

Your machine is set wide open at 4-20. Right off the bat, if you could change that minimum setting to 6 or 7cm, you might see a difference. But, with that said, without seeing some data, we're somewhat at a loss in advising.

Do you have a copy of your sleep study? If you do, post it here. Do you know the breakdown of the apnea events?

Start using the OSCAR software. Be sure there is an SD card in your pap machine while you're sleeping. When you're ready, post a couple charts here for review. Use the first two links in my signature line below to guide you.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 1 week in, is my AHI of 5.3 good
Great start, stick at it and with a bit of fine tuning you might be able to get it to zero.. Start using OSCAR
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  week 4 - still can't get AHIs below 10 JacksonMahoney 1 31 5 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 17 1,032 09-15-2024, 01:02 PM
Last Post: tiredsleeper
  23 yr old W/ Good AHI - Still tired and foggy daytong 7 354 09-05-2024, 09:05 PM
Last Post: daytong
  AHI looks good, but still feeling bad nh00 54 3,892 09-04-2024, 02:00 AM
Last Post: LennySleeps
  New User 1 week, still high AHis, thoughts? JacksonMahoney 4 199 08-31-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  One week into treatment, any tips? lendenti 3 198 08-28-2024, 03:28 AM
Last Post: lendenti
  Lots of flow limitations but good leak rate (restarting CPAP after 2 years off) sleepy331 10 541 08-14-2024, 07:51 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.