Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

39/Male - Diagnosed on 1/19/24 - Looking for Advice + Oscar Data
39/Male - Diagnosed on 1/19/24 - Looking for Advice + Oscar Data
For the last few years I recall being very tired when I wake up low energy and starting in December of last year became very anxious with mild depression. My doctor suggested getting a sleep study done, which I did in the middle of January and it turns out I have severe obstructed sleep apnea.

I was given a Resmed10 and a full face mask. The first 2 to 3 months was very rough as I tried to adjust to the mask. There were stretches where I slept consistently 7 to 8 hours with the mask on and other stretches where my sleep was horrible because I was taking my mask off, and not putting it back on. I was doing this subconsciously.

The same has been happening up until now. I have a very bad vaping problem and find myself taking my mask off in the middle of the night and hitting my vape pen. It’s ridiculous and another issue I'm working on. For the last few weeks I have been keeping my vape pens out of my room so I doln’t have access to it in the middle of the night which has helped. I do, for some reason, still wake up at 5am like clockwork and take the mask off and go back to sleep without it. Anyway, I also tried a nasal pillow, but I find the full face mask gives me the best sleep.

I am still low energy most times and often times maybe 3 to 4 times a week get really tired after lunch time and develop a bad tension headache.

I bought a SD card a couple months ago and downloaded Oscar yesterday and have uploaded the data. I know there are settings you can change on the machine and recently I have set epr to 2 and my pressure down from 20 to 14. I also changed the setting based on the mask I am wearing whether it be a nasal pillow or full face. I prefer the nasal pillow, but the chin strap I purchased through ResMed tends to slip off at night. I also purchased mouth tape with mixed results.

I’m hoping somebody out there after looking at my Oscar data can help me in someway that will benefit my well-being and sleep. I really don't know what I am looking at in Oscar but look forward to learning it. I have also uploaded my sleep report.

I am very hopeful and looking forward to living my best life. Thank you all for your time. 

I have zipped up all data from Oscar that I think is relevant, my sleep study, and also pdfs of my last couple weeks daily reports and linked it below. If there are better ways to export this data or make it easier, please let me know!!

<a href="https://fastupload.io/b862b13b8353bdfb" target="_blank" title="View image on Fastupload.io">View OSCAR DATA - SLEEP STUDY - DAILY REPORTS.zip on Fastupload.io</a><br/>
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 39/Male - Diagnosed on 1/19/24 - Looking for Advice + Oscar Data
Do not zip the files. Read the links in my signature for “Formatting OSCAR Charts” and post the results.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2024, 07:06 PM)PeaceLoveAndPizza Wrote: Do not zip the files. Read the links in my signature for “Formatting OSCAR Charts” and post the results.

Thank you sir! 

Only one night is needed? I figured the last couple weeks would have been necessary.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just pick the latest and one other you think would be of interest. Folks helping will ask for others if they want to see them.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2024, 08:24 PM)PeaceLoveAndPizza Wrote: Just pick the latest and one other you think would be of interest. Folks helping will ask for others if they want to see them.

I think I did this right!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I will add that looking at a bunch of different previous nights its kind of depressing how much I take the mask off for an hour here and an hour there but put it back on eventually. I'm having a tough time finding ANY night where I consistently kept it on throughout the whole night without either taking it off or some huge leaks happening.

For instance, this was June 18th...

Looking at the resmed app, I thought I had a great night sleep wearing it for over 7 hours but after looking at Oscar, I see i experienced a ton of big leaks. I would Imagine that is effecting the quality of sleep?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like you have a problem with flow limits. Notice every time a group of FLs happen you seem to wake 

I would raise the min by 1 and EPR by 1 and see if that helps you sleep better.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2024, 09:50 PM)staceyburke Wrote: It looks like you have a problem with flow limits. Notice every time a group of FLs happen you seem to wake 

I would raise the min by 1 and EPR by 1 and see if that helps you sleep better.

Appreciate you trying to help. I understand how to access the clinical settings for epr but do not see a flow limit setting. 

I went ahead and changed my epr up from 2 to 3. Also, unsure if it matters but epr is set to full time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, it just occurred to me you mean raise my min pressure by 1. Apologies.

I will report back tomorrow with hopefully some good news Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR Data - Low AHI but still not feeling great, and are these real OA events? Santino 38 1,460 Yesterday, 10:55 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  [CPAP] Trying to make sense of my OSCAR data (newbie) aardvarkpineapple 1 125 10-15-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] Self treating: Advice for tuning after first night OSCAR data? citrus1 22 1,088 10-14-2024, 11:39 PM
Last Post: Bkflg
  Help analyzing OSCAR data - CA's? alemon 46 2,590 10-11-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: alemon
  Mcca21 - OSCAR Data Review Mcca21 16 762 10-10-2024, 08:57 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Treatment] Advice with OSCAR Data sploomb 6 423 10-10-2024, 06:49 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New member looking for Oscar data help mttm 19 892 10-09-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: mttm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.