Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Picked up a used AircurveV10 Auto for $200:
Picked up a used AircurveV10 Auto for $200:
I was going to post this in the Advisor subforum but figured it'd be more beneficial out here for everyone.  I am having no issues with my DS1 cpap (as it's been keeping me under 1ahi now for a few years), but with this Vauto I'm going to replace the motor and do a deep clean and then likely donate it to a local hospital here, but I wanted to try it out and see how I do and feel with it before I remediate it and go the donation route Smile

Starting with these settings (machine has 10k usage hours but is very clean in good shape with bag/PSU/Waterchamber):

Mode:S (I will try Vauto Mode after a week or so of S mode)
IPAP 15cm
EPAP 8cm
TiMax 2.0s
TiMin .3s
Easybreathe: On
Trigger:High
Cycle:High
Standard Tube
Humidifier:2
SmartStart: On
Ramp:OFF

[Image: 53846525359_e98422d887_o.jpg]

Here's a recent chart from my DS1 for an early comparison (after tonight) Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Picked up a used AircurveV10 Auto for $200:
That machine is in the middle of its service life. I would change the TiMax to 3.6 and reset the Cycle to Medium (Normal). Be aware, the AC10 does not report Flow Limitations in the "S" mode. There is a workaround in the VAuto mode to simulate the "S" mode, but will report the Flow Limitations.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Nape, I'll change the TiMax to 3.6, didn't figure that I'd need more than 3.0 though, but it can't hurt Smile I'll set cycle to medium too but try high before bed tonight. Didn't know about the flow limit not being recorded in S mode, what is the exact work around?
Post Reply Post Reply
No! You are setting this machine up in S-mode at 15/8 pressure (PS 7.0). This will not work for someone with out a clear need for such high pressure support. Start at PS 4.0. I think you should be in Vauto mode at EPAP min 8.0, max pressure 15.0 and PS 4.0. You're setting up for failure with your indicated settings.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks sleeprider Smile I knew the PS range was high, I don't mind trying it in vauto at those settings, so I'll give that a shot first, thanks Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, based on your EPAP of 8 and the IPAP of 15, you will set the following:
  • Set to Auto mode.
  • EPAP Min to 8.
  • IPAP Max to 15
  • PS to 7.
The PS is added to your EPAP pressure, thus using an EPAP of 8 + a PS of 7 = 15.  Since your Max is set at 15, it can't go anywhere.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Red
Post Reply Post Reply
Update, pressure felt fine, but couldn't deal with the smell of the old machine even though I cleaned it out and used a new water chamber, I've torn it down and removed the motor, it has the same smell, I'm tossing the foam sound abatement ring from the motor airchamber (it smells too). I have a new motor arriving Friday and will replace it. Filter was swapped out and I sanitized and wiped down all interior surfaces (including piping and grommets).
Post Reply Post Reply
@crimson nape
would you be so kind to do the needful and explain the details of the workaround? And yes, I agree! Reset the cycle sensitivity to med. Why 3.6s for you?

@phaleronic
I agree with Sleeprider, that's a high PS to begin with. You very likely could run into some issues. Where did you order the motor from?
Post Reply Post Reply
The values I provided will allow the OP to maintain the static pressure he is wanting to maintain, but the Auto mode will allow Flow Limits to be reported. Unlike the AirSense, the AirCurve only reports Flow Limits in the Auto mode. The 3.6s was based on his longest inhale. The VAuto will not use this time unless the patient requires it. I've found it is better to have it set to a larger value than too short and cutoff mid-breath. Of course, there have been exceptions, but only one that I can remember.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Picked up ResMed 10 today, concerned about ability to reset flow rates NewlyDiagnosed 10 602 04-08-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 1,030 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 795 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package kbingel 9 3,548 08-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Txgeodigger
  auto turn on is off? (oooh, auto turn on...!) hegel 10 2,473 05-23-2020, 12:17 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  Dreamstation Auto SV VS Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV auto EPAP RLSdss 3 2,081 12-20-2019, 09:54 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  How to go from Fixed to Auto Pressure - Dreamstation CPAP Auto pumpkin 2 1,410 11-04-2019, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.