Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pressure to high?
RE: Pressure to high?
I believe the pAHIc on your sleep study report does represent CA's (central sleep apnea). It's hard to say how accurate this is with a home study.

Read through the link that Dave posted above on Positional Apnea. Now notice the "clumping' of Obstructives on your OSCAR report? This is normally caused by chin tucking. It mostly occurs if on your back, but can also happen on your side too.

Yours isn't as bad as the example in the link, but it's enough that you should try to correct it. A flatter, but firmer pillow would help if you sleep mainly on your back. Some use a soft cervical collar to help. I would try other means before using the collar if you don't have to use it.

I do think your minimum pressure of 7 is a bit low, but understand that higher pressures don't always correct "clumps of OA". I guess it doesn't hurt to try it, but until the positional apnea is corrected, it may not help.

You can also try adjusting the EPR setting from 3 down to 2. That may help with the CA's.

Edit:
I see you posted an updated graph while I was posting. So go ahead and adjust the EPR to 2. Let's see if that makes a difference in the CA's. As stated, your sleep test does show central sleep apnea. This is something to keep watch on.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Much better, good progress!
I would set EPR=2 to reduce CAs. If it works, you might want to try EPR=1 too.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here was the last 2 night with 2epr and a soft cervical collar boy do I feel amazing this morning anyways. I think ill try a few different pillows I slept through the night with the collar but id love to ditch it lol. Thanks so much for all the help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Nice. Your CAs should diminish eventually.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Very high amounts of periodic breathing / CSR ? gregbe2000 11 222 Yesterday, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Optimizing CPAP - high pressures adlondon 3 198 09-13-2024, 03:15 PM
Last Post: georgesadam
  pattern in high resolution mask pressure in resmed device rberry1 1 151 09-11-2024, 07:51 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Is high pressure better - help to optimize grzkar 1 169 09-07-2024, 07:43 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  [Equipment] High leakage for high pressure michaeljayb 5 215 09-01-2024, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New User 1 week, still high AHis, thoughts? JacksonMahoney 4 217 08-31-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Is it normal for Resmed 10 blowing noise to be very noticable at high pressure >13 snortle 4 258 08-29-2024, 09:49 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.