Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Ace420 Sleep Therapy Analysis
Ace420 Sleep Therapy Analysis
Hello, I have been using my BiPAP since Sept. 2023.  Every day I wake up extremely tired, with a headache, my vision is blurry, and I feel lightheaded.  Throughout the day I feel extremely tired.  My sleep therapist says that nothing needs to be changed on the BiPAP machine because it says that my sleep apnea is completely cured.  I have been begging for help so she ordered an overnight titration study, but that isn't until July.

I asked her if there's anything we can adjust to see if something will help me feel better so she agreed to raise the max pressure from 10 to 14 last month.  She told me that the machine won't be going above 10 anyway because it never went above 10.  However, I'm seeing that the machine is in fact supplying pressure above 10 for some of the night.

I asked her if my O2 saturation could be low and she ordered a take home O2 sensor for me.  She said the number was fine.  I got my own O2 sensor from Amazon (one you put on your finger) and it showed me below 94% SpO2 for more than 67% of the night.

Any insight will be helpful.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Ace420 Sleep Therapy Analysis
Basically, things look quite smart. I wonder if you are using too much pressure support, which could be contributing to feeling like a dogs breakfast. You can have a superb AHI, but still feel horribly. 

If you are willing, give the following a try.

Mode VPAPauto
EPAP min 6
IPAP max 12
PS 3
No ramp

Depending on how it goes, you can increase PS by 0.2 every few nights to see if there is a sweet spot where things feel better. 

That will tell us if it is the pressure support causing some of the issues. I know in my case if I increase PS > 4 things go off the rails and look/feel similar to you. Worth a try.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleep study- Very high AHI with Central Sleep Apnea and multiple hours of CSR. Help. JoshO71 2 206 08-27-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: JoshO71
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 12 886 08-12-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  OSCAR Analysis Request harryd91 4 365 08-09-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: harryd91
  Where to find Indepth PAP therapy analysis? PappaJoe 14 702 08-07-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Amorsen84 Therapy Analysis - please help Amorsen84 10 531 08-04-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Jay51
Surprised OSCAR Results Analysis 4thehalibit 6 307 07-26-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: 4thehalibit
Question JKan Therapy Analysis JKan 70 2,828 07-24-2024, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.