Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air Flow
RE: Air Flow
In response to dataq1. I am attaching 2 screen shots. one shows the regular screen and the second show an enlargement of the time leading up to the onset of the periodic breathing. Any insights? Sorry for the delay in responding. I am so hopeless at navigating this sight and the attachment process that I need at least 2 hours to get through sending one post. Tomorrow night I am having my sleepover and the results will be conveyed to me over the phone by a psychiatrist who knows sweet FA about the mechanics of sleep disorders. She is just given a script to recite. I know this because i have done this dance before. Luckily a copy of the sleep over results will be sent to my respirologist and I should get a better response from him. Now here goes.....hope the attachments attach.

Well one attached will try and get the other one to attach here.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Have you discussed ASV? That is the only approach to CSR and central apnea that is going to work.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The techie I spoke to decided to try the BiPap but he did mention the ASV - it costs around $15000 Canadian so it is something that would be the last thing tested. But now, the day before my sleepover I am thinking about using a bipap rather than my cpap and suddenly it doesn't make sense. My disordered breathing does not happen every night. So there is no knowing if the bi pap prevented it or it just didn't happen. If I use my Cpap and CSR doesn't happen that is just the luck of the draw. But the reason why I am having the sleep test is so that my respirologist can see what happens while I sleep. These CSRs' happen when I am asleep and they don't wake me up. I am concerned about the stress they may be putting on my body plus I get extra tired on the days after a night or 5 of intense CSRs.  From looking at my data I think there is a very good possibility that if the mystery of the CSR is solved and mitigated I may not need to continue with the CPAP. So what do I do, go with the BIpap or stay with the set up during which the CSR episodes appear. Opinions on this dilemma are welcome .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            .
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Erratic flow rate preceding OA weepingwillow 3 134 09-06-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Flow limit and pressure hobway 8 224 09-04-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Jlmerlav
  Two Questions - Flow Rate is UARS Dodies 4 187 09-03-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Dodies
  Question about flow limitations Uzupan 5 284 09-02-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [CPAP] How do I fix flow limitations? dnserror 5 282 09-02-2024, 12:55 PM
Last Post: carnuntum
  Question about flow limitations and settings Miles3zd3 9 459 09-01-2024, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Tommy C
  [CPAP] Need help, crazy amount of flow limitations events on pressure increase testetst2212 6 327 08-25-2024, 10:59 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.