Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 11 - OSA vs CSA
Airsense 11 - OSA vs CSA
Is there any evidence in this data that I should be using something like an aircurve asv for central apnea rather than a cpap for OBS?

I have been extremely tired for months now and almost all of my events are CA events. Would the resmed airsense 11 (what I have now) be able to reliably pickup CA events and detect CSA? I have caught myself about to fall asleep and stop breathing and then wake myself up. I also have a brain structure issue associates with CSA rather than OSA.

Thank you for any info you can provide.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 11 - OSA vs CSA
I suggest that you set your pressure from 7.4 to 8.6. Your AHI, even though mostly CAs, is not at all high.  I very much doubt that you need an ASV machine. If you remove the calendar from the left panel, we can see at least some of your settings. We need to see your EPR setting and whether you are using ramp.

If you fix your chart we'll be better able to help you.  It's possible that you would do better with a Bi-level machine, but I can't see enough now to advise one way or the other.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for that info! I have attached another screenshot with that section. Could any of this be contributing to my exhaustion or should I look elsewhere?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The information needed to determine need for ASV is at minimum your diagnostic sleep study detailed report. You should have a copy, or you'll need to request it from the prescribing physician. Once you have it, you may post it here redacted of your personal info.

In the US, you can get the detailed sleep study by requesting it, and HIPAA law gives you the right to request and receive it. The table within the report that states events type and count and the diagnosis itself will help determine the state of your CA.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 790 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 3,381 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  [Equipment] Need help choosing between Airsense 10 C2C or regular Airsense 10/11 dabrat76 10 2,178 03-16-2023, 08:20 AM
Last Post: dabrat76
  Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself kklein 4 4,709 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: kklein
  DOWNLOADING DATA FROM AIRSENSE 10 to AIRSENSE 11 Sleepyguy39 1 1,371 10-21-2022, 07:24 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
Question [CPAP] Airsense 10 without wireless vs Airsense 11 sleepysurgeon 12 3,917 07-14-2022, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Horseshoez
  Wait for ResMed AirSense 11? Or buy AirSense 10 now? dk2011 25 20,360 01-24-2022, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.