Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just diagnosed need direction.
Just diagnosed need direction.
Hello all,

Hopefully this isn’t against rules, I tried searching and reading what I could on here before finally giving in to posting. 

I may have made the wrong decision, but I ordered an at home test from “Daybreak” as I originally did not want to go the CPAP route. Now however I am rethinking it after more research. 

I was given a prescription for both a mouth guard type and a CPAP. However would it be wrong/unsafe to just order a machine and start? 

Background for me is at least 8 years of general fatigue and tiredness. Always wanting a nap when I get home from work etc. and brain fog being my biggest complaints. Weight gain and loss of energy to do anything are also major reasons I finally took a test. Wife’s biggest complaint is terrible snoring that keeps her up/wakes her up. (It does also wake me up sometimes). 

About 3 years ago I almost did a in hospital sleep study but the cost was unattainable at the time. Still is, but a machine is only approx a 3rd of what they want from me out of pocket on top of insurance. 

Sorry this seems all over the place. I appreciate any help/direction!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Just diagnosed need direction.
Second night attached. Wouldn’t let me post both for some reason.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Just diagnosed need direction.
Edit: I’m sorry I see you do have a script for cpap. It’s been a long day. Hehe
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Am i heading in the right direction ! JoeB13 14 542 09-01-2024, 10:44 PM
Last Post: JoeB13
  [Treatment] High CAs, Need Some Direction BobbyApnea 9 402 08-29-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Diagnosis] Diagnosed with mild OSA - Could this be UARS? roroboon 11 581 07-31-2024, 07:01 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [CPAP] Recently Diagnosed, Just started treatment, looking for advice. ProlificProkaryote 15 796 06-24-2024, 02:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  39/Male - Diagnosed on 1/19/24 - Looking for Advice + Oscar Data JRuck504 8 314 06-21-2024, 10:09 PM
Last Post: JRuck504
  [Pressure] Recently diagnosed with UARS and prescribed Bilevel. Need help with settings. cloudwalker 4 429 06-14-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: cloudwalker
Brick New w/ low AHI but no direction cpap7samurai 4 309 06-12-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: cpap7samurai

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.