Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Beginner here. Is it RERAs problem?
Beginner here. Is it RERAs problem?
Hello everybody. You have beautiful forum here. It gives me hope, that it is possible to solve this affliction .

On my sleep study I got 18/h AHI and Arousal index 14/h. I started using cpap about a month ago. Only the last week I could be with the mask the whole night.

I still feel very tired and the experience of sleep is very shallow . I feel like being jolted from sleep through the whole night.

My AHI is around 5 . But I wonder if the RERAs are not the main issue .

I read here that I should increase the pressure and/or turn on the EPR.

When I increased the pressure, the RERAs slightly increased not decreased.(I understand that the scoring of RERAs might not be accurate but still )

When I turned on the EPR , the RERAS jumped 3-4x(second picture)
On my Prisma soft machine, the  EPR is called SoftPAP. It has 2 levels. 
I put it on level 2. The RERAs that night jumped from 3/h to 12/h
In the middle of the night(around 5:15) I turned it off and there was less RERAs after, but still total for the night was 12/h 

Last night I increased pressure to 13(third picture). The RERAs increased and I have to turn the machine off because of stomach in the air for the first time.

What should I do ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are these snoring and reras events noteworthy? Phaleronic 3 138 10-19-2024, 07:52 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Advice on pressure and conquering RERAs/CAs REMChaser 11 454 10-08-2024, 08:25 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A problem connecting with the humidifier Pushe 1 176 10-08-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [CPAP] Are these RERAs? TwoSigma 0 151 09-30-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: TwoSigma
  How accurate is the AirSense 10/11 in detecting RERAs? PurpleOx 4 2,302 09-25-2024, 08:59 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Angry [CPAP] Resmed Mask F30i - Tabs keep breaking.. Anybody else have this problem? Snacko 6 2,611 09-24-2024, 10:37 PM
Last Post: Sis2cher
  Solved problem of machine going on/off, on/off, on/off RonM39 3 382 09-24-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: coldfeet7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.