Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Best Cash Price on DreamStation Go
Best Cash Price on DreamStation Go
You may have seen my related thread from earlier today, seeking info on possible insurance coverage for a portable CPAP.  After talking to my DME company, it seems the one-in-five-years rule leaves me with 2.5 years to go for such a benefit. But I need the unit now. 

I'm looking at outright purchase of a Phillips Respironics DreamStation Go, likely with the "accessories" of a battery, travel case, micro-tubing and mask.  I stated cash in the title, but I wish to use my HSA funds via the associated credit card, which could be recruited into PayPal if necessary.  So some payment options exist, and I'm open to any number of sources.  The common advertised price from the so-called value providers seems to be $849, with an absolute low of $798.  Seems like free shipping is the standard and I won't really know about sales tax until I type in my shipping address (I think my state passed a law that exempts DME from taxation, but I'm not sure, as this would be my first foray into outright purchase).  Wow, this sort of equipment seems to suffer from colusionary pricing!  The wholesale margins cannot be so thin, that everybody is within of six percent of one another.  In my experience, virtually anything can be found on the Internet for a better deal than the mainstream sellers demand.  I suppose tightly controlled consumer products such as Apple would be the exception, and seemingly, medical equipment.  Just goes to show one of the problems with health insurance; most of us don't care or are just unaware of the price of the medicines and products we require ... all that seems to matter is that we get what we need.  Funny how digging 100% into your own pocket brings greater care and concern about pricing!

Maybe I have not dug deep enough to find a "deal." Please steer me toward any known price breaks for a DreamStation Go.  Thanks!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Best Cash Price on DreamStation Go
Do you want the DSG500S11 Auto, or DSG400S11. About $50 difference, and the best I'm seeing is $849 for the Auto from Supplier #10. It is worth calling for a price quote as Minimum Advertised Price restrictions may apply, and don't be shy about asking for discounts, coupon deals and specials. Black Friday has been known to generate deals even at the online CPAP dealers.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Look up sleepdirect or cpapdirect and call for best deal
Post Reply Post Reply
I snagged a 10% off deal, with free shipping from Supplier #1. No sales tax. Later bought the battery and a couple of other accessories, also with a 10% off deal.  If you are not already on a few mailing lists, it might be worthwhile to sign up, or, as Sleeprider suggests, call and ask for a discount.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Selling Price of Resmed Airsense 10 ivan007 17 1,041 04-30-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 1,125 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Supply prices - Is there price fixing? sansnap 6 1,187 12-25-2022, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 2,108 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
Angry [Equipment] Resmed Replacement Parts Price hikes? crydee 5 991 10-13-2022, 08:36 PM
Last Post: B1Sailor
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,792 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
  Amazon out of stock on my mask. Price 3x elsewhere. Mindbullets 5 1,175 02-07-2022, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.