Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BiPAP: Setting the drop time?
BiPAP: Setting the drop time?
Hi Guys:

I was wondering if anyone knows of a BiPAP machine that allows the user to set not just the rise time but also the drop time.

Currently, I use a ResMed AirCurve 10. Typically, I have my EPAP set to 14 and my PS set to 6. For reasons that are unclear to me, I find the Easy-Breathe feature to be very uncomfortable. When I have Easy-Breathe turned on, I feel like my inhalation requires too much effort as if the pressure support is useless. When I have Easy-Breathe turned off and the rise time set to anywhere in the range 300 - 900 ms, I feel like my inhalation is almost effortless because it is being aided by the pressure support. However, I find my exhalation to be jerky because of the near-instantaneous drop from IPAP to EPAP. Sometimes, the jerky exhalation even wakes me up. I wish I could set a drop time to make the exhalation less abrupt. 

Thanks,
Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: BiPAP: Setting the drop time?
Yes the Lowenstein  Prisma30ST. But the 25ST would likely work for you as it does not have anywhere near the same exhalation timing of the Resmed. It is very well timed in normal circumstances. Much nicer exhalation signal is achievable than with Resmed. This is also because of EEPAP availability.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice on setting pressure limits esperanca 10 444 Yesterday, 07:27 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  myAir when sleep time is 4am to 4pm the next day iknownothing 2 432 10-03-2024, 05:19 AM
Last Post: iknownothing
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 154 7,753 10-01-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Waste of Time? - Pulmonary Visit mark.apnea 8 346 09-26-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Another low (really low) AHI but tired - first time OSCAR user xtracheese 4 220 09-25-2024, 10:41 PM
Last Post: xtracheese
  CPAP Setting Adjustment rockyc88 4 255 09-13-2024, 04:50 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  [CPAP] Please help, first time analyzing my oscar data napnea 3 250 09-13-2024, 02:38 PM
Last Post: Old Steve

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.