Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Looking for some guidance, new user trouble passing 1 or 2hr mark at night
RE: Looking for some guidance, new user trouble passing 1 or 2hr mark at night
I have the compliance follow up mid July, if things don't improve I will def ask for an in lab sleep test.
Post Reply Post Reply
Respectfully, you can use now to request the lab study. It doesn't affect compliance, and if you need a different machine, wouldn't it be better to move on sooner than later, if it's required? I want you to succeed, so consider not wasting time.

Your title says trouble after 1 to 2 hours. If you can't use it 2 hours, you'll not pass compliance anyway.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am still completing compliance I do 4hrs every day but sleeping yeah 1 or 2 at most. The problem is that is too early to tell if this machine is the right one for me. I am only 3 weeks in, but just got my F30 mask a few days ago. Before I wasn't even able to fall asleep with the F20 so I have very little falling asleep data at the moment. The screenshots are the second day falling asleep with the F30, I had two prior days where I forced myself near exhaustion to fall asleep with F20 that lasted maybe 20min each. Now I can fall asleep easily with the F30 just need to see if tweaking a few things improves therapy. I would say if I go to sleep all next week and wake up in the same manner, yes I agree is time for a lab test for sure.

Either way I appreciate all the help. I will call my doc Friday just to give him an update and hopefully schedule an in lab test if needed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Update: Good news I am getting more comfortable with time with F30 mask and consistently putting more hours at night, I have come to the conclusion 99% of CA are when I am awake, either by my poor nose breathing due to stuffiness or some other thing I can't comprehend. I am thinking when I fall asleep I breath through the mouth like I have been doing for years. As you can see in the screenshot of last night, yesterday I put the mask on almost as I was falling asleep (to avoid awake CAs), unfortunately I was awaken by air burping, it wasn't much but enough to wake me up but the 2 hours from 10 to midnight look pretty good to me otherwise. I should say that I don't always burp, so not sure what was different yesterday. I tried lowering pressure a bit but I think min 7 is definitely the sweet spot for me, 6 feels like air hunger.

I tried again later in the night 3AM but couldn't go to sleep at that time, and got more usage time in the morning while I was already up and then CAs shoot up with both of those times. I guess next time I will try to just walk and burp air, and then put mask again to try to fall asleep. Is burping normal for new users?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Thinking that maybe that last bump from 7.4 to 8 is what might have caused the burping because I was otherwise fine up until that point, would using the autoset for her or fixed pressure might help here?
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like leaks could be the culprit and related to the huge cluster of CA's.  See how in your chart the leaks line up exactly with the Central Apneas?  Try to stop the leaks completely and hopefully the CA's will go away.

Mask Primer
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
That is a good point, I need to make sure my leaks are down to a minimum.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR - best night yet, but still having trouble. gohoos1998 0 156 10-01-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: gohoos1998
  [Diagnosis] Looking for some guidance Cg30sailor 8 358 09-13-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Cg30sailor
  Restarting CPAP treatment, looking for guidance croc 40 3,291 09-04-2024, 11:44 AM
Last Post: croc
  [CPAP] Trouble with central apneas and weird symptoms Kevin Scholz 12 645 08-24-2024, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Trouble with flow limits, doctor won't help ChickenTenders 7 486 08-21-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: ChickenTenders
  trouble getting bipap machine to work adolfohxh 8 472 08-16-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Starting Treatment Guidance needed jamesm1976 3 240 08-15-2024, 08:27 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.