Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New to CPAP and OSCAR
New to CPAP and OSCAR
            [attachment=69302][attachment=69302][attachment=69302][attachment=69302]Hi All, 

I am looking at the charts and trying to figure out what to do next. 

I have been using CPAP for about 1 month and am on my 3rd mask (N30I) I think I am liking this one. 

I have the Resmed Airsense 10. 

I have the pressure set 4-8, I feel like when I increase the pressure I am unable to keep my mouth shut. 

Any thoughts on my graphs, any advice is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you, 
Bobbie
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to CPAP and OSCAR
An adult really needs a minimum of 7CM pressure.  As you are averaging almost 8cm anyway that is what I would set your minimum pressure at to start.   Your flow limits are much higher than they should be, full time EPR can help with that, I would set the EPR at 2, if that helps I would go to 3.   As to the leaks, I would use tape, that is what I do when using my nasal mask or try a full face mask.  Two inch Cover-Roll Stretch Tape works quite well for me.  Also, unless you can't live without it I would start cutting back on your ramp time until you can just shut it off.. You get no treatment while it is turned on and when you get out of bed for a bathroom break it will start all over again.  Good luck.

Search Flow Limits on this site for more info...
I am not an expert...just a long time user.
Post Reply Post Reply
Personally I would turn off "ramp" as well as what Old Steve says.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are some more tips to help stop mask leaks:    Mask Primer   

Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleep Apnea CPAP/OSCAR/OSA/CA trish1028 1 174 09-08-2024, 03:36 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Pressure] Help me understand Oscar report and optimize CPAP therapy Oliverwoods 1 159 09-07-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] New to CPAP and OSCAR MrPsyduck 6 269 09-04-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: MrPsyduck
  Interpreting OSCAR data (relatively new CPAP user) bolivar98 14 719 09-02-2024, 04:44 AM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  [CPAP] (OSCAR) Results of first night with CPAP machine dnserror 1 180 08-29-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [CPAP] Oscar data help - is CPAP right for me? george bonanza 3 272 08-27-2024, 07:20 AM
Last Post: george bonanza
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 27 1,686 08-16-2024, 08:49 AM
Last Post: americasclassics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.