Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Setting Adjustment
CPAP Setting Adjustment

Hi all,

Been using the CPAP for a few weeks now and I've changed the settings around a lot along. I've trialed with different settings, chin strap, nasal pillows (S), but what I'm currently doing seems to have worked the best so far for me: nasal pillows (M), mouth tape, Xylident, sleeping supine. Still considering just using the humidifier since I still have pretty bad dry mouth. But, I'm unable to get my AHIs lower. Was hoping to get a few suggestions on what I could further change.

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP Setting Adjustment
You are having quite a few centrals.  We have had some success with using the trigger setting to cut the number of centrals.  I would try setting the trigger to high and if that does not do much to extra high.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I forgot to include that the trigger is already on very high!
Post Reply Post Reply
Possibly some of your mask leaks could be contributing to your CA's.  Stacey is spot on with the very high trigger to help.  Here are some tips:  
 Mask Primer
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
I applaude the pressure bump to 9.0, as the Sept 11th certainly points in that direction. I would stay here a couple of days straight, but anticipate trying a bump to 9.6. Otherwise, good to go, but listen to those who know the machine well, like sarcastic dave. I feel like the level of CAs you are having is not incredibly high, and there is no indication to me that CAs were distrubing your sleep.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  can I test for sleep apnea by setting a very low pressure? joelin02 12 491 09-11-2024, 05:23 PM
Last Post: PersonInNY
  [CPAP] I need help setting up my new travel CPAP 47chrisrodz 1 207 08-29-2024, 11:10 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  What do the different colors mean in OSCAR under setting changes? loofah 6 870 08-26-2024, 04:50 PM
Last Post: j12251225
  Settings Adjustment for Higher Elevation mawaw1992 0 108 08-25-2024, 09:05 AM
Last Post: mawaw1992
  F40 Mask Setting MrIvanDrago 9 1,370 08-10-2024, 01:09 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Setting adjustment recommendations arichman 1 240 07-30-2024, 06:40 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Setting Pressure While Difficult to Exhale atgg11 11 712 07-22-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: atgg11

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.