Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP, asthma, and microplastics
RE: CPAP, asthma, and microplastics
(06-18-2024, 05:24 AM)jlsmithseven Wrote: I think those are only meant for hospital use so they can re use hosing systems and machines without contaminating them. Please do research before using this.

Some of our members with allergies have been using it. The instrument compensates for its higher resistance if you follow SarcasticDave94's comment above and deliver the same treatment. Nevertheless, at very high moisture, condensed water might clog it.
Post Reply Post Reply
The inline filter can skew the CPAP's data reporting, too. If you use one, don't plan on analyzing your sleep data.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep all true. So much fun in Apnea Circus Land.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
How does it skew data? I still need to have my machine approved by insurance.
Post Reply Post Reply
The CPAP is using the sensors located within the base unit to determine flow rate, pressure and events.  The CPAP is calibrated for this configuration.  Having a restriction in the air line after the sensors does not provide accurate data reporting.  Resmed has the option listed, but it is just an assumption of resistance.  As the filter ages, or if humidity causes moisture to accumulate on the filter material, you can expect an increase in flow restriction, thus further degrading its efficiency.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2024, 03:21 PM)maryann Wrote: How does it skew data? I still need to have my machine approved by insurance.

Your instrument will not be damaged. When you remove the filter and restore the configuration setting, it will operate as before.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Symptoms] Asthma like symptoms when using the mask Xavier315 6 266 07-29-2024, 01:31 PM
Last Post: Xavier315
  Asthma & CPAP MARrshh 4 1,278 07-09-2023, 04:22 PM
Last Post: Apnea23
  [split] CPAP triggering asthma/wheezing? ShhhImSleeping 3 1,546 05-31-2020, 12:51 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  Asthma and CPAP Qs from newbie SleepyEdmonton 6 1,648 02-24-2020, 10:59 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Gross CPAP Made me well - sick. Asthma.Acne.Etc. dbw45 11 2,327 02-10-2020, 10:15 AM
Last Post: booksfan
  OSA and Asthma Beej 13 2,032 11-18-2019, 02:02 AM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  Does CPap improve asthma and copd? Solar Rays 11 3,069 09-03-2018, 05:49 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.