Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] eok361 - Therapy Thread
Therapy: eok361
hi,

since june (after an angioplasty procedure) i got a resmed as10 machine, and have been trying to get the proper settings/mask/other in line for as optimal a sleep as i can. 

i mainly struggled with getting the right masks, so that leaking is under control. i think i have gotten that figured out, with the least amount of accessories to attach to myself for good sleep. 

i'll attach last night's data as a baseline. i'm very happy with the leak rates, but i am not able to fully interpret all the rest of the data. if anyone knows what other markers might require adjustment, i'd like to hear that. especially with flow rate, limit, breathing, etc.

current setup:
resmed airsense 10
CPAP mode, pressure at 8.8
no epr
airfit n30i mask
chin strap with dual attachment points
pillow cube pillow (5"). 

i'm trying to train myself to be a side sleeper, but do occasionally catch myself at halfway between full side and supine. i had slept supine for decades after having back surgery in the '80s. 

thanks for any input. i appreciate this community and what you all offer.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Therapy: eok361
I would add in a bit of EPR to better manage your flow limitations
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Therapy: eok361
(10-07-2023, 09:50 AM)Gideon Wrote: I would add in a bit of EPR to better manage your flow limitations

thanks, i'll try epr 1 tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
curious oscar leaking data
hi,

these are screenshots from last night's oscar report.

i was trying to use the new F&P vitera mask again, to see if i could get it to work properly.

the leak data looks pretty horrible, but it is also puzzling. my machine (airsense 10) was all green happy face in regards to leaks when i got up. once i downloaded the data to oscar, these are the results i got. 

if these are mask leaks, how come the machine didn't pick them up? if they are mouth leaks (and no air is escaping the mask) how does oscar pick them up? this is all pretty confusing. 

overall, i feel quite rested this morning. no brain fog, etc. 

thanks for any input.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: eok361 - Therapy Thread
eok361 - 12 of your previous 15 threads all relate to your therapy. For that reason, I have merged the 12 into one thread and renamed it to, "eok361 - Therapy Thread". This allows a reader one central place to review all your therapy history and avoid duplicate responses. Please post all further responses and questions in this thread.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The machine just cares about leaks, it can't distinguish mask from mouth leaks. A leak is just a leak. 
Resmed also can compensate for leaks, it can only not handle large leaks so you might get episodes that get not picked up at that point.

You can read more about leaks in the wiki here
Post Reply Post Reply
The ResMed CPAP leak test thing is an eye candy joke in my opinion. OSCAR can show leaks on the chart however the CPAP wants to give you a green smirking ghoul. Well that helps. Or not.

Again just my opinion, skip the ghoul and go with real and useful OSCAR data.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
i'm still perplexed at my sleep results since getting the as10. i've tried multiple masks, multiple pressures, multiple epr and i still get these wacky numbers. 

i know at times during the night i end up on my back. i've been a back sleeper for decades. i do try to stay on my side, but it actually gets painful in my hips to do that. 

the leaks are better than they were initially when getting the machine, but they ain't ideal. the flow limits are concerning, too. i'm wondering if it's time to get another sleep study done. but i'm not sure that would tell me much more in the way of therapy needed. 

any tips or insight would be appreciated. i can't tighten (or loosen) the mask (f20) anymore, without causing worse issues. and i wear a soft collar to keep from chin tucking. 

thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
i'm still trying to dial in settings that are consistent, and better than when i switched to the resmed machine in june. 

this is from last night. the leaks were tolerable (for me). i have tried multiple masks and none of them go a week's time without at least some over redline leaks. but this was a good night. 

i'm still not sure if the flow limit numbers are acceptable. from what i gather, if both the last numbers are under .2, then there's not a problem. but i'm not sure.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fantasieimpromptu - Therapy Thread Fantasieimpromptu 10 110 2 hours ago
Last Post: Fantasieimpromptu
  Angela's Therapy Thread mawaw1992 1 62 Yesterday, 10:22 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [CPAP] xirokx - Therapy Thread xirokx 112 2,828 Yesterday, 09:36 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  sleepyveem's therapy thread sleepyveem 11 617 09-17-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: sleepyveem
  Zeno's therapy thread Zeno 10 318 09-16-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Zeno
  Brigabart's Therapy Thread Brigabart 10 273 09-15-2024, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  [CPAP] PSG1 - Therapy Thread PSG1 19 2,931 09-12-2024, 08:25 AM
Last Post: PSG1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.