Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can't seem to get my OA's down
Can't seem to get my OA's down
Can anyone help me out here please with my OA's? I can't seem to ge them under control. I rarely have any CA, hyopneas, or RERAS its just normally OAS. I don't seem to have much mask leak with the ffm I am using which I am really happy about because that took a long time to fix. Would more pressure help at all with the OAS? Or could this be positional? I am going to attach the Oscar data screenshot from last night. Thanks a lot I really appreciate any help I can get!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can't seem to get my OA's down
Controlling obstructive events is all about minimum pressure so considering you're experiencing that many over a 9hr period suggests you should consider experimenting with minimum pressure increase of 1cmH20 over the next couple of nights until they disappear. Some of them are pretty close together which could suggest a positional problem so you may look into your sleeping position, how soft / thin your pillow is, etc.

Your sleep overall looks pretty choppy - were RERAs identified on your sleep study as a component of your RDI? The autoset 10 is terrible at identifying RERAs so if you've seen them in the past they are likely drastically under reported. You may consider switching to constant pressure at a higher level to solve both your obstructive events and to keep RERAs at bay.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.