Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

OSCAR and O2Ring?
OSCAR and O2Ring?
O2Ring lets me export data as a PDF or CSV.

OSCAR Oximeter Import Wizard is looking for an SPO2 or DAT file.

A posting here stated that OSCAR will handle O2Ring "raw data." I can't find any such files on my S22 phone.

How do I input my O2Ring data into OSCAR?

Ken C
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: OSCAR and O2Ring?
This Wiki article describes the location to find the data.  ViHealth stores all the data in a SQL database.  Only when you view the data for that day will it create a binary data file.
https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...ile_Import
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.

O2 Insight Pro sees the USB O2Ring and uploads the data, which resides in a file with name based on date and time, with no extension. OSCAR oximeter wizard is unable to read the file.

OSCAR oximeter wizard is also unable to see the O2Ring, either when connected USB or BT.

What am I missing?

Ken C
Post Reply Post Reply
The Wizard is for Contec-50 oximeters only.  Go to Data → Import Viatom/Wellue Data to import the file.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.

Now to figure out what all these reports mean...
Post Reply Post Reply
Please peruse the links in my signature.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Some progress made with the O2Ring.

Getting familiar but some puzzlement.

O2 Insight Pro says my average O2 is 95 and my drops over 3% were 5.6/hr. Possibly normal.

Loaded into OSCAR, the same day's data shows 32 desaturations/hr and a baseline of 97.0.

Is OSCAR counting drops from 97.0? Why use 97.0 if the average in 95?

OSCAR statistics page shows the SpO2 average for the day was 95.05 and the same 32 drop index.
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR and O2Ring big differences
O2 Insight Pro says my "average" O2 is 95 and my drops over 3% were 5.6/hr. Possibly normal.

Loaded into OSCAR, the same day's data shows 32 desaturations/hr and a "baseline" of 97.0.

OSCAR statistics page shows the SpO2 "average" for the day was 95.05 and the same 32 drop index.

Is OSCAR counting drops from 97.0? Why use 97.0 if the average is 95.05?

Is there an option to force OSCAR to use the "average" O2 and not the "baseline" when computing drops?
Post Reply Post Reply
I have merged your 2 threads that are asking the same question. Please keep all your posts that relate to the same subject in one thread.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
There does not appear to be a standard definition of "baseline SpO2."

Searching the web, I finally found a discussion in this forum of the issue: Although OSCAR accurately computes average SpO2, it uses "baseline SpO2" for computing drops, which for many users gives inaccurate and inordinately high drop numbers. "Baseline SpO2" is said to be the median SpO2 in the first hour of a session.

I don't know why the decision was made to use this because you are wide awake during parts (or all) of the first hour and waking SpO2 average and sleeping SpO2 average are often a few percent different. There should be a parameter that lets you set your own baseline SpO2 as a constant or session average or 1st hour mean.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sync O2Ring and ResMed11? cprstn54 4 120 08-28-2024, 10:03 AM
Last Post: cprstn54
  O2Ring data on OSCAR xaid 3 1,228 06-19-2023, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Synchronizing O2Ring with Phillips Respironics Dreamstation xaid 0 799 06-11-2023, 02:50 AM
Last Post: xaid
  O2Ring "lost time" 4.5 hours, 2 weeks since previous lost time DavidEsp 5 829 04-28-2023, 03:29 AM
Last Post: DavidEsp
  OSCAR frozen after O2Ring data update doulman 29 2,579 03-11-2023, 01:17 PM
Question Avoid today's O2Ring's Mac O2Insight Update? DavidEsp 2 707 03-04-2023, 04:38 PM
Question O2InsightPro: How directly import local O2Ring binary file? DavidEsp 5 896 02-09-2023, 05:09 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.