Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Health] need help
need help
i suffer from uars for 2 years which i managed with positional therapy, i had 9 teeth fillings over the course of 2 months where the last one was one month ago, since thenֿ i am unable to find a place to rest my tounge when closing my mouth into a resting posture, it feels like my tounge automatically goes too foward where it pushes my teeth or too backwards, two places where my tounge is not supposed to be, also it feels like my jaw is pushed upwards or downwards when i try to close it into a resting posture, this causes strain and discomfort and forces me to stay with my mouth open all day, but even when i close it my tounge doesnt go in place, since it started my sleep became incredibaly disrupted and i wake up multiple times during the night, i became so fatigued i am unable to work and stopped working, i tried to make fillings adjusments which didnt help and its been more then three months since it started so i would excpect it to go away if it was from a muscular cause and wont excpect it to cause the tounge thing im experincing, does anyone know what could this possibly be and what could possibly happen to my jaw (from the prolonged hyperextantion) thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: need help
I had a similar challenge when I had to use Invisalign a few years ago to correct some teeth alignment issues. I found that the resting position should be with the front portion of my tongue resting lightly against my upper palate behind the upper teeth. It took a while to get used to it, but now works a charm. Worth a try.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.