Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Chin Tucking as cause of apnea
RE: Chin Tucking as cause of apnea
UnicornRider wrote:

The session files comprising the column underneath should be in a date-time format:  YYYYMMDDHHMMSS  

Last night my file was 20231229205434

So on your Mac, I believe "Finder" is your file search.
   Go back and review the OSCAR Wiki info for MAC OS - OSCAR - Oximeter interface

Thank you for the location of my O2 ring's serial number.  It may help me find the binary files from O2 Insight Pro on my Mac.

The session files for Insight Pro Mac are not as above.  An example is   00:22-30-DEC 
Click on that and a report appears for that time and day.  The menu only offers PDF and a text file format for saving, not the string of numbers needed to get the file to OSCAR.

Insight Pro for Mac is not allowing me to enter my name into its OPTIONS.  I see in the Wiki instructions to put my name and serial number into the file path given.  My O2 Insight Pro files do not have my name on them and I cannot enter my name into the app although there is a space to enter my name, it will not accept text.

I had a collar similar to yours and returned it.  I think the Corflex worked to prevent chin tucks last night but it also woke me 6 or more times due to irritation.

I got this report:

I only give suggestions from experience as a fellow CPAP user, not professional advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Crimson Nape Wrote:

I was referring to O2 Insight Pro data into OSCAR, as in your statement, ". . . Viatom/Wellue/Lookee has yet to give me instructions to insert Insight Pro Data to OSCAR."

Nape, I too am referring to Viatom/Wellue/Lookee.  These names are associated with hardware and software, i.e. O2 Ring and O2 Insight Pro have all three of those names associated with both.  

Lookee/Wellue/Viatom either sells the same products or is the same company.

The CONTACT on O2 Insight Pro reports is Lookee.com.  Wellue is also a given source for contact.  If Lookee is the contact then how is it Catapillar at the Ford dealer?  I'm at the dealer and the dealer says Lookee is the contact for it.
I only give suggestions from experience as a fellow CPAP user, not professional advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ebpesca, according to the Viatom site, Viatom has several sub-brands such as Wellue and Checkme. I did not do a deep search, but it would surprise me if Lookee is not another. https://www.viatomcare.com/history-of-vi...%20Checkme. I suppose the better analogy would be Divisions of GM selling models under Chevy, GMC, Buick, Cadillac, AC Delco, and no so long ago, Pontiac, Oldsmobile etc.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
SleepRider,

The Lookee, Viatom, and Wellue O2 Rings are the same product.  In dealing with my O2 Ring and O2 Insight Pro I get tossed around between these three company names for contact sources.  I will be directed to Wellue at times and Lookee at other times by O2 Insight Pro to get support. 

This also happens when needing support for the O2 Ring.  That's why I do not understand the question about why I want to contact Lookee etc., for info about O2 Insight Pro, because Lookee and Wellue are the support contacts for O2 Insight Pro.
Post Reply Post Reply
UnicornRider wrote:

The session files comprising the column underneath should be in a date-time format:  YYYYMMDDHHMMSS  

Last night my file was 20231229205434

You are correct, that is not complete. It should have been as written below.

>>>>>  The session files comprising the column underneath should be STORED IN YOUR MAC in a date-time format:  YYYYMMDDHHMMSS  

Last night my O2 Insight Pro file 20:54-29-Dec was STORED as 20231229205434  <<<<<

I hope that helps you utilize "Finder" to locate your files in a digital format on your Mac.

ejbpesca wrote:  "Insight Pro for Mac is not allowing me to enter my name into its OPTIONS.  I see in the Wiki instructions to put my name and serial number into the file path given.  My O2 Insight Pro files do not have my name on them and I cannot enter my name into the app although there is a space to enter my name, it will not accept text."

Use Finder to search for a file in the "YYYYMMDDHHMMSS" format. The click string file path preceding that file should be revealed as a result of your file search.

Once you have the click string file path, when you are in OSCAR >DATA>IMPORT VIATOM/WELLUE DATA, you can redirect it to the actual file location.

I hope that helps,
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried using the YYYYMMDDHHMMSS as a "starts with" search in Finder.  YYYMMDD numbers in the search box find hundreds of files but once the HHMM numbers are entered the search goes blank for the Macintosh HD.

I wonder if the files are in an alternative format for Mac OS.  I wonder what file type they are as in .xxx.  If a special type, that may be a way to find them in Finder.  Are there any unique characters besides date and time numbers to identify O2 Insight Pro files?

My Flow Limitations may be explained by my inability to breathe freely due to obstructions in nasal passages and tissues below the nasal passages collapsing which is a major reason I use CPAP.  I have not drawn a clear breath through my nose in over 30 years either awake or asleep. As I mouth breathe during sleep, tissues relax closing that air path.  Tissues behind my nose also relax and collapse blocking air flow there. I can voluntarily trigger these tissue blockages which makes two sounds of snoring.  I call it mouth snoring and nose snoring which I think in me are indications of UARS.  I will not seek surgery for the removal of tissue.

The following OSCAR report is last night's result with no tape and no collar.  The events were accompanied by me waking for a short period of time.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

ejbpesca
Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately, O2 Insight Pro does not use a file extension. Early versions of ViHealth did not either. The current versions of ViHealth use a ".dat" extension in their binary file creation. You might try using the name of your device for a search. "SleepU_" or "O2Ring_". Just remember, unlike a Windows O/S, a Mac is case-sensitive when typing in the search text. While "SleepU" and "sleepu" are treated the same on a Windows PC, they are totally different filenames on a Mac.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the search suggestions.  Within Finder searches were not case sensitive.  O2 and o2 produced the same results but none were the binary files needed.  Search results yielded the app icon, a .pdf I saved, and the log of O2 ring downloads.

I have another email off to support@Lookeetech.com in an attempt to get instructions to find the files.  (Lookee is the given source for contact in the current version of the O2 Insight Pro app.)  It was Wellue in the previous app version hence I see Viatom/Wellue/Lookee as the same entity.
Post Reply Post Reply
IMHO chin tucking easily could cause sleep distress because of putting a lot of weight on your larynx, your neck air passage.  Raising chin will help keep airway open.  Retired RN in the operating room is what we did to maintain proper ventilation. Chin tilt lift up.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-01-2024, 11:09 AM)ejbpesca Wrote: Thanks for the search suggestions.  Within Finder searches were not case sensitive.  O2 and o2 produced the same results but none were the binary files needed.  Search results yielded the app icon, a .pdf I saved, and the log of O2 ring downloads.

I have another email off to support@Lookeetech.com in an attempt to get instructions to find the files.  (Lookee is the given source for contact in the current version of the O2 Insight Pro app.)  It was Wellue in the previous app version hence I see Viatom/Wellue/Lookee as the same entity.

" and the log of O2 ring downloads."

Are those entries stored in a file with a Date/Time format for a file heading? Such as 20240106151028  (YYYYMMDDHHMMSS)

Would the click string be something like: >Ring O2 > YourName > Ser.No. of devise> YYYYMMDDHHMMSS 

Just grasping at straws.  

Could you direct your OSCAR >Daily > DATA > Import Viatom/Welleu Data:  To the click string  for the log of O2 Ring downloads?

Eat-popcorn
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Self-Treating Sleep Apnea | First Night with CPAP = 0,87 AHI | Central Apnea? Dumdi 26 4,587 09-09-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Dumdi
  How Are You Affected by Chin Tucking? BoxcarPete 6 1,168 09-06-2024, 03:47 AM
Last Post: Dodies
  Fixed Aerophagia using a Halo style chin strap ISeekRem 0 167 09-01-2024, 03:45 AM
Last Post: ISeekRem
  What works best? Chin strap or tape? JoshO71 7 283 08-30-2024, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Chin Tuckers Hrdhittin 15 1,252 06-18-2024, 06:47 AM
Last Post: mstar
  Chin strap question jake79 2 356 06-06-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: jake79
  Apnea at home test. no apnea in lab? Burrells5 4 642 05-22-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: cps22

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.