Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Contect CMS50I USB-C
Contect CMS50I USB-C
When you google Contect CMS50I you see the CMS50I  with usb male mini b connection, however, the one I have has USB-C. I think old usb mini used to use usb to serial connection while the USB-C does not, because there is no com port drivers installed. Is it possible to connect the CMS50I with the USB-C to connect to OSCAR?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Contect CMS50I USB-C
No.  No one currently knows the communication protocol for the handshake.  Your description seems to be the second change since the original protocol was extrapolated from sniffing the port.   Several requests for documentation sent to Contec have gone unanswered over the past several years.  At this time, all you can do is use the data file created by their software to import into OSCAR.

Strictly speaking for myself, I would love to have OSCAR directly import all devices' data for analysis.  This would eliminate the operating system constraints imposed by the manufacturer.  Due to a proliferation of devices appearing, and design changes occurring on a regular basis, I don't believe this will ever be achieved.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried importing the .SpO2 file into Oscar, but it doesn't show any data 'There is no data to graph'. I followed the instructions from here apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Contec_file_import at the bottom of the page.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you use the file's date and time, or did you select user input for the date and time? A hint as to the date it will currently import to is the calendar's listing.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried both, the oximeter time and date matches my computer. I can send you a link (if the forum allows) to the SpO2 file, it's a test file, I used the oximeter for around 2 minutes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is my Dropbox link.  Please send it there.
[Shortcut Link to Dropbox Upload Folder]

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I've uploaded the file
Post Reply Post Reply
I just tested the file I uploaded to your Dropbox, and it seems to show the data in OSCAR, maybe it was something to do with the length of the data recorded. The one that didn't work was about 2 minutes and the one I sent to you is around 10 minutes
Post Reply Post Reply
OK!  The file's data structure appears to be the same as earlier versions.  It will import into OSCAR.  Using a file that started recording after midnight, the date to import its data would be the previous day's date.  The CPAP does not increment its day until noon of the next day.  This would mean a SpO2 file that has a date of 230816010000 (Aug 16, 2023 @ 1:00:00AM) would actually go in the CPAP's data for the 15th. The file you sent would go in the 16th's data because it occurred at 4:16PM. If you haven't used your CPAP after the noon period for that date, the SpO2 data is going to be all by its lonesome.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm concerned about my SpO2 dropping below 80% when I'm sleeping (Measured by my Samsung watch 5 and SleepO2 O2 ring), the O2Ring by Viatom is good because it vibrates when it drops and wakes me up. However, this device, I'm not too sure about if I should keep it or stick to Viatom. Any inputs?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 13 1,819 07-22-2024, 01:02 AM
Last Post: Pierelly
  CMS50I can't upload multiple readings chris mdp 0 432 02-15-2024, 02:20 AM
Last Post: chris mdp
  S9 to S10 and CMS50I OSCAR messing all up Brewskie 7 769 10-28-2022, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Brewskie
  OSCAR not importing oximeter data from CONTEC CMS50I thasan 12 1,590 08-12-2021, 07:58 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  CMS50I can't upload data into OSCAR 1.1.1 directly format 2 1,024 07-04-2020, 04:08 PM
Last Post: format
  CMS50I Firmware, Driver (LInux) questions slowriter 28 3,707 11-15-2019, 04:58 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  How to import CMS50i into SH? Motomom 2 1,204 04-04-2019, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Motomom

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.