Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

APAP Pressure settings - narrower better?
APAP Pressure settings - narrower better?
I read a comment by someone here (sorry cannot remember their name) that with APAP when Minimum Pressure is closer to Max Pressure the machine can respond faster (during REM for example) and up the pressure quicker which also helps to keep SpO2 levels stable.

I'd like some guidance on if it would be an idea for me to narrow my current pressure range further please. 

My 95% pressure is fairly stable at around 13.5

Machine and settings:-

ResMed 10 Autoset

Min pressure 10.6

Max pressure 15
EPR 2 full time

Could it be an idea for me to up my minimum pressure to 11 -  or even a bit higher?  
If so, is it safe to increase the Min pressure up a whole point in one go?

BACKGROUND
Severe OSA
Improvements to my therapy have been gradual but over 90 days of use with machine am seeing reasonable results now.

AHIs - usually under 1
SATs sometimes 9.8, mainly 9.9, and last week a couple of nights thrilled to hit 10s for first time.

When I first started the Therapy my pressure was only 8 and leaks were less of a problem. But now with my pressures  quite a bit higher I do find leaks are a challenge - especially as they can vary dramatically from night to night -  even using the same mask.

Have a few Masks but find Philips WISP - with mouth tape and Caldera Releaf neck support - Ok. I like the Resmed N20 - first night was fantastic - barely any leaks.  But the next two nights with it were awful - leaks, one night being the highest ever.  Could not figure that out at all. 

Look forward to hearing your valued opinions

PS I also tried the Vcom a while back and not sure I have the courage to want to try it again as it was not a good experience
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: APAP Pressure settings - narrower better?
Welcome to Apnea Board!

I hesitate to give advice on changing pressure without seeing an OSCAR chart, as there are many other variables to look at.

Please use this guide to set up your chart, then use the Attachment Feature to post it here.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

Include the following graphs:  Events, Flow Rate, Pressure, Flow Limitations and Leak Rate.

Leave the Calendar and Pie chart off.

After your chart is organized, follow this to take a Screenshot:

Set your display to the Standard view.  
(View > Reset Graphs > Standard)
Take a screenshot of your Daily screen.
   * For Windows or Linux: Use the F12 key
   * For a Mac: Use Fn+F12
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DreamStation Auto BiPAP to APAP? indreams 5 132 5 hours ago
Last Post: indreams
  [Pressure] New to ASV and Wanting to Understand Pressure Settings Better kbeards 6 354 Yesterday, 02:46 AM
Last Post: Macka
  APAP- High Pressure Waking Me in the middle of the night HanoverTime 6 221 09-30-2024, 11:57 PM
Last Post: AshSF
  CPAP/APAP data review Robert Detz 1 127 09-25-2024, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Pressure settings on APAP - Morning Headaches Jhlopez 0 121 09-24-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Jhlopez
  Simulate BiPAP with APAP for more data – Need Advice cyberfiche 3 201 09-17-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: cyberfiche
  APAP VS AP Dynamic larrygreg 14 790 09-15-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.