Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Data Files in an upgrade
Data Files in an upgrade
I have been using OSCAR for about a year and updating from my SD every month or two and this has been working fine, until today. I have been running version 1.4.0 and oblivious to new versions as they were released, since most of my other software pops up the new release for an update.

I was a little fuzzy-sbrained this morning when I moved my SD card to my computer and started OSCAR. The software announced a new version said it would give me a new data file, and later it would move my old data to the new file. It displayed the location of these data files but I just clicked through and did not write them down, assuming it knew better than I.

Then it opened File Explorer and asked me to type in the filename of the data file. I was stuck.

I closed OSCAR and started it again, planning to write down the messages it displayed. This time it did not display the messages, but instead just an "empty" OSCAR application with a column at the right saying there was no Profile and I must create one.

Now I am still in OSCAR 1.4.0 and have not upgraded.

I have a File Manager window open on my computer screen (I think OSCAR opened it) and it is on C:\Users\arowb\Documents\OSCAR_data and the only contents of this folder are "logs" and "preferences". I think the actual data files are elsewhere.

Can someone please help me recover from my clumsiness?

I have attached the latest debug.txt file from "logs" in this OSCAR_Data folder.
.txt   debug.txt (Size: 3.6 KB / Downloads: 1)

Thanks, Alan
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Data Files in an upgrade
Is OSCAR 1.4.0 still functional?  If so, go to Help → About OSCAR and click on the label, "Show data folder", located on the right side of the popup screen.  This will open the location of where your data folder is located.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Data Files in an upgrade
(03-10-2024, 02:39 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Is OSCAR 1.4.0 still functional?  If so, go to Help → About OSCAR and click on the label, "Show data folder", located on the right side of the popup screen.  This will open the location of where your data folder is located.

- Red

Crimson, Yes 1.4.0 is functional and it identified the data file folder, which still looks like it does not contain data. Now it wants me to create a profile, as if all the information from the last year has been deleted.

Should I go ahead and create a profile, and not try any other "repair"?

Or should I first upgrade to the current version and start over with a profile and downloading data?

Thanks for your help, Alan
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting O2 Insight Pro files to OSCAR? SnoozeBest 23 1,218 10-02-2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: rayfes
  O2 Insight Files to Oscar channeal 0 114 09-20-2024, 11:30 AM
Last Post: channeal
Question Can we add notes to OSCAR files? SleeplessSomewhere 2 185 08-20-2024, 09:48 PM
Last Post: SleeplessSomewhere
Question Software Upgrade AirSense to AirCurve Dodies 5 493 08-20-2024, 06:07 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Sad EncorePro: Is there a way to load data from files? hikoo 3 251 05-22-2024, 02:37 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  any example files for OSCAR CSV import enigmatic 16 1,563 04-25-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: enigmatic
  Oscar 1.5.2 freezes at Backing up Files Win11 warreparre 1 316 04-01-2024, 04:48 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.