Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Desaturations on APAP
Desaturations on APAP
This is my first post here as a newbie. I have mild sleep apnea. I have an Sefam S Box so I’m unable to use Oscar or any way of looking at flow charts etc.  

I was on APAP 4-20 settings since January 24, but my Wellue O2 ring was showing a few desaturations into the low 80’s each night. The technician changed my starting pressure to 6 the other day, which has helped a little, but I’m still dropping to the high 80’s now. Should my 02 levels be consistently above 90% when I sleep while getting treatment? My average 02 is usually 96% but I often wake up with headaches when I desaturate. She will be checking in with me in the next week to see how I’m feeling. Many thanks ?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Desaturations on APAP
I'm far from an expert, but there's little anyone can do here without seeing some data.  And as you found, your Sefam S Box is primitive and does not support detailed data.

At least one user here reports a life-changing experience after changing from Sefam S Box to a Resmed Airsense 10:

here:
https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...efam-S-Box

and here:
https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...#pid498045

Do you at least get AHI reported on your machine?  You may have 'positional apnea', which appear in clusters and generally cannot be helped with pressure.  But with data from a good (Resmed) machine, you can identify it and help you see if your changes help address any of it.

Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
Songbird;
Like charlie*M said this is pretty much a guess ..
If Changing Your lower pressure from 4 to 6 helped
I would try 7 cmh2o and if You see more improvement
try 8 cmh2o ..
I also have a border line o2 saturation problem .. My
Dr. gave Me the option of using o2 at night .. I decided
to try without for now .. Talk to Your Dr. He may put You
on o2 at night ..
Hope this helps ..
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes your SpO2 ought to be in the 90s. I have COPD/Asthma, at 92% SpO2 I'll get dizzy. How much of the time are you below 89%? That's the warning zone.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You should be able to post a couple of O2 Insight Pro Reports, redact any personal information, Page 1 should have all of the information needed.

Ideally CPAP will keep your SpO2 above 90%

Time is the critical matter, if it is of a few minutes duration then they will not worry about it, but if you consistently have a couple of hours total time <90% SpO2 every night, then you should worry.

Post a couple of your worst case, O2 Insight Pro reports
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to APAP, do I have the right machine? Davileet 5 98 4 hours ago
Last Post: Davileet
  DreamStation Auto BiPAP to APAP? indreams 5 253 10-05-2024, 04:07 AM
Last Post: indreams
  APAP- High Pressure Waking Me in the middle of the night HanoverTime 6 355 09-30-2024, 11:57 PM
Last Post: AshSF
  CPAP/APAP data review Robert Detz 1 164 09-25-2024, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Pressure settings on APAP - Morning Headaches Jhlopez 0 165 09-24-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Jhlopez
  SP02 Baseline and desaturations calculation gdenton2000 0 136 09-23-2024, 07:52 AM
Last Post: gdenton2000
  Simulate BiPAP with APAP for more data – Need Advice cyberfiche 3 227 09-17-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: cyberfiche

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.