Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Device not tested yet?
Device not tested yet?
Hello,

I have a ResMed Airsense 11. I have now a couple of times gotten a notice to the effect of "your device is not tested yet, but is similar enough to other devices that it might work" and it asks me to send something in to the developers to make sure it's working properly. I'm happy to send something in, but I'm not totally sure what to send. Can you help me figure out what to send and where to send it?

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Device not tested yet?
Hmm... what version of OSCAR are you using?   The current version is 1.5.3   Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Well shoot, I'm at work now and can't check. However, I downloaded it May 13, 2024 (my first day of therapy) and used the "check for updates" feature when I got this message and it said it was the current version (does that feature work properly?) 

I can check tonight to confirm it is in fact the current version. This is in Windows.
Post Reply Post Reply
That model number (39523) isn't in the AS11's check list. Since the AS11 was relatively new, a sanity check was put into place in case they had different reporting parameters for the various model numbers. Yours is probably so new that it came with a newer firmware and was given a new model number.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That makes sense that it's just a new iteration. I just got it and it seemed at the DME like they were unloading machines more or less directly from shipping (they told me they set up like 5-10 machines per workday).  Would it be useful to send anything in like the message requests, and if so, what and how/where?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not anticipating any changes. I would hazard a guess that the sound option is activated on your model number.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Changes To Device Settings-FL info missing Poolboy 5 304 08-02-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Getting message "Your Resmed CPAP machine has not been tested yet". It's AirSense 11. PurpleOx 38 6,297 06-13-2024, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR 1.5.3 Best Device Setting right panel TinytiMmy 0 282 05-29-2024, 08:28 AM
Last Post: TinytiMmy
  OSCAR Vs device data Siva 3 568 04-26-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR Device Support xxxxqwe 9 809 03-18-2024, 05:59 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 3,342 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
Last Post: capman
  OSCAR, how to switch to a new device? edgnoj 4 709 02-10-2024, 02:37 PM
Last Post: glenncol

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.