Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Chart diagnosis
Chart diagnosis
Hi to all. I Am new here, so bare with me on my problems. I have been on Cpap since 2022, and in the last couple of months my AHI'S have gone up. Used to be just over 5, but now are all over the place. I will attempt to insert last nights results and hope someone can put me on the right track regarding my settings etc. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Chart diagnosis
Welcome to Apnea Board!

First thing I notice is the Positional Apnea or better known as "chin tucking".  This is evident by the apneas clumped together.  You are sleeping in a position that is cutting off your air, usually from sleeping on your back on more than one pillow or a too tall of a pillow that allows your head to tilt forward.  Note that chin ticking can also occur while sleeping on your side.  

I've attached a link for you to read.  Compare the "clumping" of apneas to the graphs in the link.  You will either have to change the position in which you sleep or start using a soft cervical collar.  

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...onal_Apnea

Normally, pressure changes won't help with this issue, but I'm going to recommend some changes anyway while you work on your Positional Apnea.

The minimum pressure of 5 is too low.  Your pressure zooms up to 10 due to Flow Limitation.  I suggest you set the minimum pressure to 10 and the maximum to 15.
Set your EPR TO 3 (full time). (This will help you breathe out against the pressure easier, and hopefully tackle FL and leaks.

Work on that Positional Apnea!

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=64545]
Thanks for your recommendations. I will change my settings and also my pillow which is a bit higher and harder than usual. I sleep on my left side but do move around a lot during the night and generally end up on my back near morning. I find I have been having quite a few mask leaks which is not helping, so I have been concentrating on getting a good seal before sleep. Was getting "red faces" on my machine nearly every night, but this has now settled down. I have attached last nights data and once again, thanks for your insight.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum Rodgui, OpalRose is right on the money with the pressure change suggestions and setting EPR to 3. Your last chart has quite it massive bit of hyponeas and flow limits so these changes should really help out your therapy and your comfort Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your reply. I have run with OpalRose's suggestions and readjusted my machine pressures. Also trying a softer pillow. Will see what tonight's readings bring.
Kind Regards. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chart Reviewing SKPC 17 440 10-01-2024, 07:10 AM
Last Post: SKPC
  Diagnosis Psychology - Following State Dodies 2 184 09-20-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Interpret Oscar chart please fudo 8 480 09-19-2024, 03:56 AM
Last Post: fudo
Information [CPAP] Aircurve 11 Oscar Chart WeaponizedCactus 7 371 09-05-2024, 01:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  have autism and need help with my chart bigboyjared 7 228 09-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: bigboyjared
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 15 1,515 09-03-2024, 08:32 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  Please help me interpret Oscar chart sriteop 11 430 08-27-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: sriteop

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.