Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Diagnosis] Helping Father in Law Get Started on xPAP
RE: Helping Father in Law Get Started on xPAP
If it were me I would:  

1.  Try reducing pillow height, possibly side sleeping, and trialing a soft cervical collar (in this order) to see if his events reduce.  6 AHI is a bit high still.  

2.  The next thing to try if the 3 things mentioned above don't reduce his events would be to raise EPAP.  Then you would have to possibly adjust PS down maybe a little (since you said he had leaks at higher pressures earlier).  I understand.  The last ventilator I had went 10/20, and I fought leaks as well at that pressure support.  

*But, it is better IMO to be able to tolerate therapy with lower pressure(s) like he has now than have to abandon it altogether because the high pressure can't be tolerated.  I used a lower pressure for awhile to gain confidence and sleep time.  Then over time slowly inched up the pressure.  If his current settings now are the best he can do (the highest he can tolerate), then that is probably the best he can do IMO.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 17 1,096 09-15-2024, 01:02 PM
Last Post: tiredsleeper
Sad [Treatment] Higher pressure and soft cervical collar not helping FLs/AHI vHungry 5 356 08-16-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Getting Started and Struggling with Leaks and High AHI jkeben 1 202 08-12-2024, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  New CPAP User just started last night briansk12 8 345 07-12-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Two years into xPAP, still not feeling well. RickRock 5 461 06-25-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: RickRock
  [CPAP] Recently Diagnosed, Just started treatment, looking for advice. ProlificProkaryote 15 795 06-24-2024, 02:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Anyone want to try helping with luna G3 graphs Chrisr 38 1,992 06-21-2024, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Chrisr

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.