Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] Help with OSCAR Results - headaches and fatigue
RE: Help with OSCAR Results - headaches and fatigue
Hi All - 

Following up - I have attached a screen shot from lastnight's data.  I'm interested in any feedback that people would like to share.  

From my perspective - the good news is that I slept for nearly 5 hours strait before waking up.  That's very rare for me....I'm lucky to go more than 2 hours before waking up at least once.  On the other hand, I struggled to get much sleep after that initial wake up.  Something odd was happening - I kept waking up in short invervals, and noticed elevated pressures (enough to wake me up).  I keep my mouth taped....and I dont think air was leaking, but the discomfort of the pressure woke me up before I got back into a deep sleep.  My room was particularly cold lastnight, and that may have been a factor.  

FYI - Initially, last weekend, I adjusted my pressure up to 7, and left EPR at 3.  However, I had a hard time falling asleep - I think the change in pressure was a little to abrupt (pressure of 7 while inhaling and ~4 while exhaling was hard to get used to).  I guess I am too sensitive, and need to make adjustments more gradually.  So the following day, I put it back to 5, but turned off EPR.  That night went a bit better.

For lastnight - I bumped pressure up to 6.40, and left EPR turned off.  For reasons I don't understand - the data in the Oscar screenshot shows that the EPR is at 2, but that's not correct.  I double checked my machine before posting this, and it says EPR is off. And looking at the pressure chart, the pressure doesn't go below 6.4, which would imply that EPR is off.

I know there is some debate about using EPR - I'm not necessarily for it, or against it.  For now, my focus is to work on increasing my minimum pressure.  So far, I'm having better luck with keeping EPR turned off.  I intend to gradually increase minimum pressure to 7 or 8 as members suggested in the posts above.  And I'm open to experiment more with EPR.  

For anyone that has read this far (Sorry I got a bit wordy) - should I still aim for a minimum pressure of 7?  Oscar's statistics page indicates that my average pressure lastnight was 7.02, and screenshot shows median(?) pressure of 6.76.

Thanks!
Adam

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] 3 months on CPAP, results have been mixed threeeyedsloth 17 476 6 minutes ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New to all of this and would like help with my overnight oxygen test results Shannon80 1 72 1 hour ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Second opinion on sleep study results? Trimochio 2 132 Yesterday, 11:59 AM
Last Post: winterwaveforms
  Need help. Fatigue/Daytime sleepiness even with low AHI FindingCourage 22 832 Yesterday, 04:54 AM
Last Post: FindingCourage
  [Symptoms] Fatigue from sleep apnea Person 6 182 10-13-2024, 05:59 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help with OSCAR Results malaise 5 158 10-12-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Alarming results on oscar Lucy84 22 945 10-12-2024, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.