Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do these spikes represent hypopnea the machine didn't catch?
Do these spikes represent hypopnea the machine didn't catch?

For Sample 1 there are lots of spikes - did my pressure need to be set higher for the machine to respond? It looks like I did even out but wondering if that minute after the RERA - am I struggling to breathe or arousal and that's why you see the spikes on the flow rate? 

For Sample 2, from 00:31:00 to 00:31:32 are those spikes indicative of struggling to breathe/arousal? 

For Sample 3, there is a big spike where I placed the green line after 23:46:10 and then an OA and then spikes continue after that until around 23:47:30. Are those spikes after the OA continuing to struggle to breathe? 

I know my AHI overall is under 1 and that's great - but not sure if there are some smaller events happening that aren't getting picked up and if I should make any adjustments to my settings. 

Ty for the help!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Do these spikes represent hypopnea the machine didn't catch?
Looks like you woke up and switched positions into something that was cutting off your airway a bit.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Do these spikes represent hypopnea the machine didn't catch?
Most of that odd respiration is a series of breath-holds. Note the inspiration spike is followed by a drop to zero flow before an exhale occurs. This is not respiratory obstruction, but more likely shifting position or other cause for taking a bigger than normal breath and holding it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Heart rate spikes SleeplessKnight 12 358 07-25-2024, 03:10 AM
Last Post: SleeplessKnight
Sad Many HR spikes throughout the night no matter the pressure vHungry 3 205 07-08-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: vHungry
  Sudden AHI spikes on Airsense 11 apap Snoozer65 10 664 07-01-2024, 04:50 PM
Last Post: Snoozer65
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 294 273,042 06-22-2024, 09:49 PM
Last Post: Cape67
  Hypopnea response Made 33 1,175 06-10-2024, 09:18 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 437 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Leak Spikes and A Break in Flow blu15 9 1,480 04-06-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: avhenry

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.