Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] New to being treated, what should I know?
New to being treated, what should I know?
Hi, I'm David, and I just turned 21. For around 5 years now, I've had progressively worsening EDS and brain fog. I'm currently in college, and pretty much failing all my classes due to how little mental energy I have all the time - I also sleep a lot. Now, after a proper in-lab PSG 2 months ago, and a WatchPat One test around 3 weeks ago - both of which showed that I'm an "atypical" patient (not sure if I have UARS or OSA yet, and my pneumologist isn't sure either) -, I finally have an APAP. I've had it for 2 nights now, and I don't really have much trouble sleeping with it. Both nights my AHI has been below 5, and last night it was at 3.2. I'm still very tired, but I understand that results may take a long time to present themselves. About this last affirmation of mine, I wanted to know: what should I, more precisely, expect of the relationship between tiredness and APAP data, especially in the beginning?
I've bought an SD-card reader, which should be arriving tomorrow, and I'm ready to start using OSCAR on my laptop to analyze my own data. I'm sorry if my question is not that specific, I still don't know much about these things. Thank y'all in advance! Smile

Btw, should I upload my sleep data just to make it easier for future questions of mine to be answered?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New to being treated, what should I know?
Welcome

Yes you should post screenshots of your oscar when asking for advice so we have data to look at, otherwise it's really just a guessing game. Here's the wiki link that shows how to present them. if you post your sleep study results it will also help us know what you need exactly, just redact all personal information.

i'm not sure exactly what you mean by "relationship between tiredness and APAP data" but it will likely take a couple weeks to really feel better. i don't think there's a hard number for which you've definitely slept well. Personally i'm happy when ahi is under 1 meaning waking up less than once an hour if no other issues woke me up either (pressure, leaks, ..).
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't have any OSCAR data yet, what about my sleep studies' reports?
Post Reply Post Reply
would be helpful as well but redact the personal info.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sure, thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One machine says I'm treated, another suggests I'm not shawsg 5 431 03-10-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can Palatal Prolapse be treated with CPAP Motomom 40 11,524 08-21-2023, 08:30 PM
Last Post: aquamike
  Did your liver and kidney function improve after being treated on CPAP? theredheadsaid 5 1,140 09-27-2022, 01:24 PM
Last Post: KeepSmiling
  [Diagnosis] New Guy Needs a review - Treated but untreated. Madapples 21 2,881 08-19-2021, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Madapples
  ASV - How to know if UARS is treated? IUsedToSnore 2 1,533 05-28-2021, 02:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How are same-day split sessions treated for compliance fredkahan 3 1,252 09-28-2020, 01:11 PM
Last Post: fredkahan
  Technically Treated - To my core Tired Geologeek 63 7,032 03-29-2020, 04:16 PM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.