Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them?
Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them?
and does Oscar also do the same? or do the logs stay forever untouch on the SD card? Thanks for any help you are able to provide in advance!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them?
One of the main differences between ResScan and OSCAR is that ResScan DOES have read/write abilities to your SD card, while OSCAR only has read only abilities.

So technically, ResScan can make changes to your SD card, while OSCAR cannot.  For ResScan, it all depends upon how you have it configured in your Settings.  In addition, I believe on most newer ResMed machines, while you can get roughly a year's worth of summary data off the SD card, but only the last 30 days of detailed & high resolution data on the card, which is why you want to regularly download the SD card into your software program on a regular basis.

Someone else who's more familiar with ResScan may provide additional info here, but in the meantime, you can also get a copy of the ResScan Clinician Manual, by going to the first post of THIS THREAD, and looking for the link to that manual, further down in that first post.

You will need to be logged into your forum account to access the above link.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them?
I don't know about ResScan, though I doubt it would normally delete detailed data (until card is full) but it does offer remote control to the DME (if on cell network) and/or they have the card in hand (if handing them a card with data from a non-modem machine.) Since the data it transmits is (to my understanding) non-detailed to keep the amount of data down, it would not make sense to delete the detailed data by default, in case further analysis was indicated.

I can confirm (by experiment) the following behavior for OSCAR: When I first put a SD card in, OSCAR loaded a year's worth (going back) of non-detailed data (which AIUI is the same that would be uploaded) and that has stayed on the computer I uploaded to at that time. The detailed data only started from when I put the card in.

So I set up a new copy of OSCAR on a different computer, and loaded the card into that one today. The data starts with the first night of detailed data from about a year and a half ago when I put the SD card in. It has full detail retained. Eh, I should go look if some of the nights I forgot to get the card in since then that are more than a year ago (now) are blank as well, or non-detailed. Looks  like the embedded days (between detailed data days with the card in) do have non-detailed data retained, even after more than a year.  There is a weird minor bug that the statistics page setting area incorrectly reports the first two sets of settings (also starting from when the card went in) as being in CPAP mode, when the machine has always been in APAP mode (and shows that on the original computer/OSCAR instance)

Anyway, it's used about 2 gigabytes for the 18 months or so of data, implying that the 16 GB card will go for roughly 12 years of detailed data before the APAP writing the data (not the software package reading it) rolls over and starts wiping old sessions (which is my general understanding of what the machine does once the card is out of free space. No experience with that yet, read it somewhere, possibly here...)

Machine is a 2019 Airsense Autoset 10 built in Singapore, in case that makes any difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
SuperSleeper Wrote:In addition, I believe on most newer ResMed machines, while you can get roughly a year's worth of summary data off the SD card, but only the last 30 days of detailed & high resolution data on the card, which is why you want to regularly download the SD card into your software program on a regular basis.

My quote above is based upon ResMed documentation.  The newer AirSense/AirCurve versions may have changed something, but I haven't found any documents indicating that.

If anyone knows for sure, and can link to some ResMed documentation to show either way, please post.

I'm basing my information upon the info provided on this ResMed page, under the "Devices and SD cards" section, which says:

Quote:"How much storage do ResMed’s sleep therapy devices use on the SD card?"
It varies depending on the sleep therapy device. For example, on an S9 therapy device a 1GB SD card easily stores 365 days of usage data, 30 days of detailed data, and seven days of high-resolution data. On all AirSense 10 or AirCurve 10 therapy devices, you can get up to 365 days of usage data, and 30 days of both detailed and high-resolution data.

One thing they don't make clear is whether that is a hard-coded limit (30 days of detailed/high-res data) or simply an approximation based upon whatever SD card size ships with the machine.  By using the terminology of "you can get up to..." that seems to indicate that there's a limit of some type.  So is that a limit due to the machine's firmware, or is that limit due to SD card size?  The documentation makes it as clear as mud.   Sad
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm curious to know how ResScan will act if I turn on the write protect switch on my SD card. I've always turned write protect on whenever I've connected the SD card to my computers. I have this fear that Windows will write some junk files onto the SD card and mess up things.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using ResScan for years with an S10. The program does not delete files but it can update settings data which can be transferred to your device. I have never locked my SD card and use Windows 10 pro.

The device itself manages data management and rolls off the oldest detail data and stores the last 30 days of detail data and a year’s worth of summary data.

I download my SD CARD every 20 or so days to ResScan and Oscar. I use ResScan for official submissions to my medical team and insurer. I use Oscar for personal use.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Possible to delete a night of data & should I Plmnb 4 458 06-18-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  ResScan v/s Oscar SDM1 2 292 06-08-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: SDM1
  Exporting detailed data from OSCAR newuser1002 3 969 05-24-2024, 05:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Can I delete a profile in Oscar? JUllian 8 2,688 04-12-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: amarnina
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 493 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,830 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 326 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.