Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Advice Needed: AirCurve 10 ASV Pressure Settings - First-Time User
RE: Advice Needed: AirCurve 10 ASV Pressure Settings - First-Time User
I was away for some of the conversation, but I think you will find the lower PS min helpful. A persistently high pressure support ventilates more carbon dioxide and makes the respiration of people with therapy onset central sleep apnea more . This information will really help us going forward. You are predominately a person that breathes spontaneously, so we use EPAP to prevent the obstructive apnea. So far that has been 100% successful with relatively low pressure of 5-7 cm. The ASV will respond with different levels of pressure support to stabilize your breathing volume and prevent central apnea. As a generally healthy person with therapy onset centrals and hypopnea, you don't need bucket-loads of PS to get that job done, and the new settings will actually help without pushing quite so hard. I think we're getting closer. Be assured, we have quite a few members that are successfully using exactly these settings.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m really grateful for your input and reassurance. It’s comforting to know that the lower PS min might be beneficial in my case, especially in managing therapy onset central sleep apnea. Your explanation about how the ASV machine responds to stabilize breathing and prevent central apnea is very enlightening.

I’m optimistic about the new settings and looking forward to seeing how they work out tonight. It’s encouraging to hear that other members have had success with similar settings. Your support and the community’s collective knowledge are invaluable to me.

I’ll be sure to post my results tomorrow. Thanks again for all your help and guidance.

Best regards,
Bruno Mosconi
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi everyone,

I'm excited to share my results from last night after adjusting my ASV settings based on your recommendations. I have to say, it seems like we've hit the nail on the head - the results appear to be fantastic!

I slept through the night and woke up feeling completely rested, with no headache at all. The machine was quiet, and I didn't experience any discomfort. It's such a relief to finally have a good night's sleep. I've attached my results for you to review.
However, I can't help but wonder if it's too good to be true. Could you please take a look at my results and confirm if everything seems in order? I want to make sure that these positive changes are indeed due to the new settings and not just a one-off good night.

I'd like to extend a special thanks to SleepRider and SarcasticDave94 for all the guidance and to everyone else in this community for your incredible support. It's made a huge difference in my treatment journey.

Should I keep the settings as they are for now? Any next steps or additional tweaks you would recommend?
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Best regards,
Bruno Mosconi

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Results look great! Just because you achieved both comfort, efficacy, and had the best sleep in years, is no reason to doubt the data. This is correct and what we were shooting for. I mentioned that we have used this suite of settings with others, so I expected good results, but your reaction is priceless. To reset your expectations just a bit, a 0.00 event rate is not likely to happen every night, so don't worry if you see some variation.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good chart, congrats. Next is build a trend of similar results. Zero events isn't your goal. Low events and well rested with comfort is.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much for confirming my results look great. It’s reassuring to know we’re on the right track. I’ll keep in mind that some variation is normal. Special thanks to SleepRider and everyone here for the guidance. I’ll continue with these settings and update you all soon.

Best,
Bruno Mosconi
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV: Central Apnea Not Relieved RVSleeper 50 1,784 6 hours ago
Last Post: RVSleeper
  Need Advice -- Having A Lot of Issues npolite 3 69 8 hours ago
Last Post: npolite
  [CPAP] Please help, first time analyzing my oscar data napnea 3 68 10 hours ago
Last Post: Old Steve
  Help Needed to Understand Arousals ravman 2 93 10 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Pressure] New to ASV and Wanting to Understand Pressure Settings Better kbeards 5 157 09-11-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  1 year on CPAP, still tired all the time joelin02 5 426 09-10-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Seeking Advice on BiPAP AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings for Upper Airway Resistance Syndro chacha897d 1 208 09-07-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.